Position – Associate Engineer
Company – Eaton
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra
This role is primarly for manufacturing Support Engineer who is responsible for, but not limited to; creation of routings in support of manufacturing and assembly operations, update and maintenance of facility layout, oversight assistance to ensure compliance for updates of Playbooks/Standard Work and engage with the Design Automation team in support of the routings automation tool. The Manufacturing Support Engineer will work collaboratively with the Emerald Greenwood facility members in support of Continuous Improvement for transactional and manufacturing processes.
Success in this position requires the ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment, strong motivation for pursuing project objectives and the ability to learn new techniques and development processes. We are looking for candidates who are able to see the bigger picture; strength in a system-level viewpoint is a must. Problem solvers who are excited about learning new technologies, Understand the manufacturing processes and develop actions to increase maturity.
- Lead the capacitor routings work for banks and racks as per the stdandard guidelines
- Perform design and drawing activities for medium voltage products of moderate complexity in accordance with established practices and company standards, including bills of material, detail/assembly, and customer drawings
- Responsible to check if any ECN send for business approval is accepted by engineer or not
- Update BOM or drawings, or ECN is created for completely new request or orders
- Monitor the status of BOM linked to the ECN; if it is inactive make it active in set time
- Labour rate calculation and link with BOM and update it in the system
- 3D modelling, detailing and drafting experience on 3D CAD tool. (Preferred Autodesk Inventor)
- Maintain and enhance technical proficiency in mechanical engineering related development environments, processes, and tools.
- Plan and manage development work to achieve on-time delivery of Recloser features and enhancements.
- Serve to existing product portfolio by supporting customer, manufacturing, applicable regulatory and industry standard, and market requirement through Change Management process
- Lead Design Automation efforts, coordinating with various development groups, to automate the design process from quotation to final engineering production
- Generate ideas and innovative solutions which will provide competitive edge to business products.
- Think creatively and come out with new proposals and present them to stakeholders.
- Develop design guidelines, best practices and lessons learnt documents and shares with peers and team.
- Estimate work load, establish and maintain project schedules and monitor progress through the project execution phases.
- Able to excel as a team player by successfully collaborating with engineering peers as well as cross-functional personnel to ensure custom designs meet customer expectations
Education level required:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering in Mechanical
Years and area of experience required:
- Mechanical graduate with 0-3 years of experience
- Proficient in Auto CAD and 3 D modeling
- Having knowledge in automation//VBA/script is added advantage
- Basic knowledge of SAP Tcode
- Basic technical knowledge in Electrical products like Capacitor, Switchhes etc.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Knowledge in automation/VBA programming is a plus
- Proficient skills and experience in AutoCAD
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,Problem solving skills,Working in ambuiguity, process management
- Ability to thrive in a cross functional and cross-cultural work environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time