Position – Associate Engineer – Mechanical
Company – EATON
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
The position’s main focus will be to be accountable for preparing technical assemblies & drawings in compliance with industry standards and prevailing engineering practices for ICD Enclosed Control. The person will be responsible for Autodesk Inventor sheet metal part drafting, assembly creation, and creation of manufacturing drawings. The person will be responsible for sustaining engineering for the enclosed control product portfolio.
- Enclosure design for electrical panels per UL508, UL50, UL50E
- Electrical panel layout per UL508
- Sheet Metal part design and drafting
- Mechanical drafting including Inventor 3D assemblies, 2D drawings, sheet metal part manufacturing drawings, panel assembly drawings
- Utilize the PLM system (ENOVIA) for documentation control
- Ensure right quality and on time delivery for engineering change management activities (ECR/ECO/ECN)
- Look for opportunities to improve productivity, learn and collaborate with other teams to adapt best practices.
- Work with senior members to accomplish ECR/ECO targets.
- Should be able to analyze the work package and prepare a schedule for delivery.
- Ensure clarity, accuracy and neatness of drawings & technical documents. Understand Enovia Data maturity levels and work towards achieving and maintaining them.
- Good communication skills in English (verbal and written) to communicate information effectively to customers, and technical staff.”
- Required: BE/BTech Mechanical
- Clear communication both written and spoken.
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent, and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only