Position – Associate Engineer- Quality
Company – EATON
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
1. Evaluate and timely closure of 8D/PPAP/SSA on the defect from external and internal suppliers
2. Identify, investigate, and Resolve Supplier Technical and/or System issues related to product or process realization to have effective quality issue closures.
3. Analyzes Supplier Issues, use of statistical and analytical tools for Supplier Improvement.
4. Implement measures to improve CAPA, Process efficiency and engage Team to achieve Goals for on time closures
5. Trouble shoot flawless closures in coordination with global stake holders.
6. Lead projects in team and act as SPOC for multiple sites or customers.
7. Assist in data analysis and business growth.
8. Anticipate customer requirements and provide customer centric solutions.
9. Encourage & implement Continuous Improvement culture within team & at supplier end.
10. Work as a co- coordinator between suppliers and internal functions/plants (Engineering, Plants, Operations, etc.) to clarify requirements, eliminate confusion, and improve closure lead time.
11. Support process transitions through on time and accurate documentation,
12. Understand customer requirement and quick turnaround time on adhoc requests.
13. Monitor and communicate supplier performance of all key suppliers.
Education level required
BE in (Mechanical , Production, Automobile & Industrial Engineering)
Years and area of experience required
- Minimum 4 ~8 years of experience in, Manufacturing / or Process Engineering and Supplier Development quality
- Experience in working with global customers & suppliers.
Knowledge of DMR, SSA,APQP & PPAP process, Working knowledge of statistical tools including SPC, Gauge R&R and capability analysis,Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as Machining / Casting / / Sheet Metal & Rubber Hoses is preferred as per sequence.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only