Position – Associate Engineer – NPI VAVE
Company – EATON
Location – Pimpri, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
- Drive the VAVE and cost out projects to achieve cost out / reduction results.
- Collaborate with Engineering on Cost out / VAVE opportunities identified via Value Analysis and Value Engineering (VAVE) workshops and cost out projects related to resourcing and negotiation
- Providing teardown and benchmarking support to Engineering. Provide inputs to category managers on Global Procurement Share Point
- RFQ Management – Float RFQ’s to suppliers, in-depth analysis of RFQ’s for prototypes
- Coordinating new vendor registration, follow up with vendors to get quotes
- Analysis of quotes and data gathering for negotiations
- Collaboration with EIIC and Global Engineering Team, Eaton Global plants and Global suppliers to achieve cost competitive purchasing within stipulated time line, with good quality.
- Be a CFT member to manage the on-time implementation and deployment of New Product Initiatives (NPI) projects globally at optimum cost and right quality.
- Understands and applies process channel knowledge for acquiring materials and/or services in order to ensure delivery requirements for commodities and/or service customers
- Drive review cadence with leadership team, engineering stakeholders and Project Team members. Report on VAVE / Cost out project status,progress and pipeline to all stakeholders. Cost out number tracking in GPS
- Bachelors in Engineering OR Supply Chain Management
- 4-5 years of experience from Manufacturing OR Engineering background or Supply Chain Management
- Strong knowledge of MS Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Reporting and Analytics – Presentation to project & leadership team
- Certification- Any certification in supply management like CPSM, CSM is preferred but not mandatory. VAVE certification is preferred but not mandatory. Excellent knowledge with MS office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project). Demonstrated ability to interface and work with Operations and Design Engineering to achieve VAVEcost and/or productivity improvements
- Process knowledge for Electrical and Mechanical categories is requried.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time