Position – Engineer – Reliability
Company – Eaton Corporation
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
What you’ll do:
“Eaton is a power management company with 2022 sales of $20.8 billion. Its energy-efficient solutions help customers effectively manage electrical and mechanical power more reliably, safely and sustainably. The company is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton employs 86,000 people worldwide and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
Eaton India Innovation Center located in Pune, India has an opening for Engineer – Reliability in Center for Reliability & Safety team.
This role is established for electrical business of Eaton in Center for Reliability & Safety team. The core responsibilities of this position are following:
- Responsible for delivering DFR work packages across multiple New Product Introduction (NPI) and Sustaining Engineering (SE) projects of electrical product lines with high quality and meeting project schedules.
- Responsible to identify and mitigate reliability risks under guidance & follow reliability sign-off process for NPIs.
- Responsible for doing warranty data analysis, forecasting, publishing monthly warranty reports and driving problem solving for top warranty issues.”
“• Create and/or revise DFR deliverables such as Reliability goal setting, Reliability Predictions, Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA), Accelerated Life Test , Reliability Demonstration Test (RDT), Reliability Growth analysis, FRACAS for NPIs, VAVE projects and/or existing product improvements.
- Work with cross-functional team for designing reliability on NPI programs and/or existing product improvements, and VAVE projects & responsible for identifying, managing, and mitigating reliability risks under the supervision of senior.
- Planning project milestones, executing milestones, conducting deliverables reviews, communicating with stakeholders, and on-job development through technical mentoring.
- Along with warranty monitoring, forecasting, and reporting; develop an actuarial models library for electrical components
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering. Preferred: Master’s Degree in Reliability Engineering.
- “Master’s Degree in Reliability Engineering with 0-1 year experience in Electrical/Mechanical Reliability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering with 3-4 year experience in Electrical/Mechanical Reliability”
“• Skilled in the areas of reliability statistics, FMEA, FTA, 8D, FRACAS, life modelling & analyzing field/warranty data into relevant life and failure rate information.
- Experience with any industry-proven reliability analysis suite of tools like Minitab, Reliasoft preferred.
- Desired: Work experience in the Electro-mechanical systems preferably power suuply and distribution systems, voltage regulators, network devices etc.
- Preferred: DFSS GB certified from reputed organization”
“• Process Management-Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done, knows how to organize people and activities, knows what to measure and how to measure it, Can simplify complex processes, Gets more out of fewer resources
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, probes all fruitful sources for answers, can see hidden problems, Is excellent at honest analysis Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers
- Decision quality – makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
- Drive for results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
- Interpersonal savvy – relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport.”