Position – Associate Engineer
Company – Eaton Corporation
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
What you’ll do:
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Associate Engineer in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Execute projects/assignments and tasks assigned by the team leader or engineering manager. Create and revise engineering documentation such as detail drawings, 3D models, bills of material, component specifications, etc. as necessary to support the design, development and manufacturing of all Conveyance products
- Perform engineering assignments of specific engineering tasks related to product design, testing and preparation of specifications with guidance from senior engineer or team lead.
- Work on or owns a particular design module of a larger mechanical system design; Develop design concepts independently for the same. Maintain effective communications with team members and other departments.
- Adhere to design standards and procedures governing product design methods, documents/drawings and data control for the associated business group. Emphasis is on documentation, monitoring and testing.
- Participate in deployment of the ACES and other relevant standards to conform the design to requirements. Understand, implement and Adhere to Eaton’s Product launch processes.
- Grow multiple CAD tools expertise with proficiency gain in various design modules pertaining to typical component design requirements; Ex sheet metal, cabling, solid model, harness, etc. Provide CAD support to a specific customer using specified CAD software and data exchange and document control system.
- Required: bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- 1.5 to 3 years of engineering/product design experience in relevant domain
- Proficiency in one or more CAD tools; Preferably CATIA and experience with PLM tool
- Hard working ability and desire for excellence in executing projects
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Root Cause Analysis
- Awareness of DFSS tools like FMEA.FMECA, Monte Carlo Analysis etc.
- Prepare fully parametric designs of various components incorporating component design methodology, DFM & DFA fundamentals and various drafting standards. Perform initial quality checks to ensure created drawings/concepts meet Eaton and customer standards / requirements.
- Works on design concepts ideation & quick block modeling to create those; Recommends technical changes or modifications as needed.
- Apply appropriate GD&T and tolerance stack-up to come up with detailed designs in accordance to the component design methodologies
- Utilize DFSS concepts / tools such as PDSC, P-Diagram, DFMEA, Risk Management & DVPR for new product development &/or existing product improvements
- Creative thinking
- Process Management Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done, Knows how to organize people and activities, Knows what to measure and how to measure it, Can simplify complex processes, Gets more out of fewer resources
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, Probes all fruitful sources for answers, Can see hidden problems, Is excellent at honest analysis Looks beyond the obvious, and doesn’t stop at the first answers
- Strategic Agility – sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately, has broad knowledge and perspective; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies & plans.
- Decision quality – makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
- Drive for results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
- Interpersonal savvy – relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport.
- Innovation Leadership – Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market, Has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work, Has a sense about managing the creative process of others, Can facilitate effective brainstorming, Can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace