Position – Mech Integrity engineer
Company – Dow
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
The mechanical integrity engineer is trained and knowledgeable in inspection codes & practices, basic corrosion principles and risk based inspection principles.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Assists in identification and markup of corrosion loops and piping circuits (new and existing units) on PFD, PID.
- Manages equipment and process data collection, which includes inspection history review.
- Organizes data and assists in the facilitation of corrosion study.
- Develops inspection schedule and plans.
- Reviews inspection data and assists RBI evergreening or corrosion study validation.
- Supports thickness monitoring and inspection management programs (new implementations and updating analysis/records).
- Assists with inspection and repair deferrals.
- Ensures that non-conformance reports (NCR) are created and tracked to completion for inspection findings and deficiencies.
- Supports the pressure relief device inspection optimization program.
- Supports mechanical integrity compliance / gap closure projects.
Education and Experience
- Engineering Degree in Mechanical/ Metallurgy/ Corrosion Engineering.
- 2 to 6 years inspection experience with one or more API inspection certifications (API 510, 570, 653).
- Working knowledge of stationary equipment inspection codes and standards (API 510, 570, 653, ASME B&PV Sec VIII and B31.3).
- Working knowledge of corrosion damage mechanisms (API 571) and basic metallurgy.
- Working knowledge of NDE techniques.
- Experience with GE APM software (TM/IM/RBI).
- Knowledge of API RP 580 and 581.
- Knowledge of API 579, Fitness for service analysis.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth; asset integration and scale; focused innovation and materials science expertise; leading business positions; and environmental, social and governance (ESG) leadership to achieve profitable growth and deliver a sustainable future. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company in the world. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated, science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer applications. Dow operates 104 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $55 billion in 2021. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries.