Position – Design Engineer
Company – Donaldson
Location – Gurgaon, Haryana, IN
Donaldson is committed to solving the world’ s most complex filtration challenges. Employing innovation and breakthrough solutions, we are advancing filtration for a cleaner world. We look for the best people to help us succeed, offering opportunities to learn, effect change, and make meaningful contributions at work and in our communities. This is a place where you can make a world of difference.
- Design of engine filtration systems based on inputs provided by global engineers or customers.
- Develops design drawings to fulfill technical objectives consistent with established guidelines, customer requirements and design specifications.
- Design of plastic, rubber and sheet metal parts.
- Software skills like NX, Creo
- Coordinate with global engineers to meet or exceed the design aspects of the projects
- Product design based on design for manufacture/design for assembly
- Recommends alternative product and system designs as required. Initiates Engineering Change Orders per procedures
- Able to deliver on time while doing it right the first time and every time.
- Good English language communication skill.
- Bachelor of mechanical engineering, Advanced degree preferred
- Strong knowledge of NX (NX11 is preferred), Creo, Teamcenter PLM and SharePoint a plus
- Proficiency in using MS Office packages: word processor, spreadsheet, PowerPoint.
Technical Competence & Skills:
- Experience in creating models for CFD and FEA.
- Understanding of industry design standards for dimensioning and tolerancing. GD&T a plus
- Experience with plastic part design
- Knowledge of injection, blow, rotational & rubber molding process
- Knowledge of sheet metal pressing & fabrication process
- Able to communicate at a global level.
- Organizing, planning and coordinating with Global Team to meet customer expectations.
- Inherit Donaldson core values of Integrity, respect & commitment.
- Proactive towards identifying the issues and solving the problems
- Individual leadership
- Effective team player & communicator
- 4-6 years of professional Design Engineering work experience
- Experience in Engine filtration products.
Others (% of travel, language, etc.):
- Ability to travel approximately 10% per year.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret the engineering documents (drawings, engineering specifications).
- Ability to respond timely & effectively to the critical inquiries / technical issues or complaints.
- Ability to make effective presentations on regular updates & critical issues to global team
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a wide variety of global personnel
- Ability to work flexible hours
Come make a World of Difference!
Employment opportunities for positions in the United States may require use of information which is subject to the export control regulations of the United States. Hiring decisions for such positions are required by law to be made in compliance with these regulations. Applicants for employment opportunities in other countries must be able to meet the comparable export control requirements of that country and of the United States.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.