Position – Assistant Manager – Co Manufacturing
Company – Danone
Location – India
About the job
As an Assistant Manager – Co-manufacturing you will be responsible to build a zero risk operating culture in order to guarantee a safe environment for all Danone employees working in external manufacturing, ensuring smooth operation at co-manufacturers ensuring the availability of materials, product planning, and close coordination.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Delivery of Operations on Service, cost and Quality to deliver Competitiveness benchmarks versus competitors
- Manage relationship with the 3 PM partners and RM/PM suppliers as the first point of escalation post 3 PM. Ownership of Material Stock covers in line with the safety stocks levels agreed, as required for full adherence of agreed FG plans over 1-3 months period
- Ensure 3 PM shares the forward 3-6 months of buying a plan with the RM and PM suppliers, also payments by 3 PM to the suppliers on time and in full for healthy partner relationship
- Financial issues resolution – Health check maintained on Pending invoices, stocks –Slow/Nonmoving, rejections, Trail costs, Cost Sheets Updating, etc.
- Productivity Projects in Increasing operating efficiency of the 3 PM and Sourcing Productivity through opportunity scoping on alternate suppliers, Yield improvement,
- Rework reduction
- Contributes to Danone’s Corporate Image by settling the right relationships with the local community
- Commercial acumen is desired for scoping Co Manufacturing E2E projects, Negotiations, and reducing the total cost of purchase by 6% YOYAccelerate Performance Rate of Improvement
- Identify and build a Productivity Pipeline to secure cost reduction
- Develop & Implement DaMaWay through Manufacturing & Supply Chain Best Practices and Standards
- Secure Product Superiority through minimized product variability and spec consistency
- Strengthen the Organization through all Danoners
- Strengthen the external manufacturing contribution to CBU Innovation Pipeline.
- Build a relationship and set long term action steps with external partners and the local community for protecting both reputation and competitiveness
We believe to take on the responsibilities of the role and excel at it, you need to:
- Have 6 to 8 years of experience in the relevant field
- Hold a B.Tech degree in Mechanical, Production, or Food Technology
- Have exposure to SAP
- Be willing to travel.
About the Company
- Following our mission of ‘Bringing health through food to as many people as possible, the Danone Group operates as Nutricia International Pvt Ltd, in the Specialized Nutrition (SN) segment in India, with recognized global and national brands like Aptamil, Farex, Dexolac, Protinex.
If working in a dynamic and challenging environment is what drives you, Danone is the right place to be in. Join our movement for a healthier world. One Planet. One health. BY YOU.
- An opportunity to GROW together and experience a culture that empowers you to express your ideas and share what you are passionate about. We believe in leveraging your uniqueness to turn your job into a career at Danone; opportunities galore!
- Willing to start a meaningful career journey? You can apply for this role by clicking on Apply visible on the right.
- We’re focused on growing Danone’s brands and categories. We develop consumer strategies and unique customer experiences that communicate the benefits of our products and innovations. Building relationships is key: between our brands, healthcare professionals, consumers, and stakeholders.
RESEARCH & INNOVATION
- Everyone in our team shares a passion for innovation: new processes, new formulas, new packaging, and new ways of thinking. We use our scientific and technological expertise to bring health through food, meet the needs of consumers and nurture growth in the business.
MANUFACTURING & SUPPLY CHAIN
- Quality, efficiency, and safety all play a big role in our work. Manufacturing the best products and supplying them to meet demand is a key driver for the team, but we balance that with a commitment to the growth of our people and a respect for the environment.
LEGAL & REGULATORY
- It’s our job to monitor legal and regulatory changes and provide strategic guidance. We work with colleagues across Danone on everything from contracts to food science. We assess the risks, evaluate effects and propose sustainable solutions that have a positive impact.
CYCLES & PROCUREMENT
- It’s our job to secure key resources like milk, water, and plastic and find strategic approaches to our procurement. We work with colleagues to find suppliers and resources that fit with our business goals, promote a circular economy, and support Danone’s One Planet, One Health vision.
- We work across regions, across categories, and across the business to raise awareness of our products and help our clients to sell them. We’re a team of entrepreneurs with a focus on strategy, negotiation, and building relationships.
- We shape the reputation of the business and our brands. It’s our job to make sure people know what makes Danone unique, and the positive impact we have. We develop strategies to communicate these key messages to consumers, employees, and stakeholders.
- Our work ranges from highly technical to more business-led roles. Central to all of it is anticipating and evaluating the financial impact of decisions and finding the right way forward. We work with teams across the company to ensure Danone continues to grow.
QUALITY AND FOOD SAFETY
- We make sure everything Danone does is rooted in quality – right along the value chain. From product innovations and ingredient choice, through to our marketing and delivery methods, it’s our job to ensure consumers get the very best.
- Our mission is to cultivate Danone’s unique culture and help the business sustainably grow. We attract talent and support our people to develop, we unite employees across the globe and we’re proud to make an impact on society as a whole.
- Transformation, innovation, and efficiency all play a big part in our role at Danone. We make sure people have the systems and the materials they need, look for the new ways we can use technology and introduce innovations that help the business sustainably grow.