Position – Senior Engineer – Mechanical Design
Company – Danfoss
Location – Oragadam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
As a constantly growing company, Danfoss is looking for motivated employees who want to work with us on our success. We are seeking a Senior Engineer within Mechanical Design & Development of Power Electronic products and Solutions that would be required to deliver New Product Development (NPD) .
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Design visualization efforts with 3D CAD models and essential component and assembly details to explore multiple design options
- Developing innovative designs to meet all requirements for performance, reliability, cost and manufacturability
- Developing engineering design concepts for components and electromechanical assemblies that have stringent requirements for size, precision, reliability and cost
- Perform simple analytical modeling, simulation and analysis at parts /sub system and product levels using simulation software on areas of Thermal, Structural and Vibration simulations.
- Perform high level of tolerance stack up calculations and use Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Preparation/presentation of design analysis reports and part/assembly drawing reviews with internal and global stakeholders like SCM, Product Management, Service etc.
- Develop product, component test and purchase specifications and perform Mechanics related engineering and Approval plan tests related to components and products and ensure timely test reports are made and submitted for review.
- Coordinate with suppliers/vendors on parts/sub systems/ systems manufacturing qualification and documentation
- Create detail drawings and communicate with suppliers during prototype development
Important aspects, with impact on the job
- The candidate has to acquire knowledge/skills continuously on latest trends and technologies within Mechanics applicable for Motor Drives
- The candidate should have willingness to travel within in India and any other parts of the world if required for training / competency building / prototype testing
Background & Skills
B.E (Mechanical Engineering) / ME on CAD / CAM (or) Engineering Design
Experience of 5 to 8 years with proven Mechanical design and development track record and demonstrated experience in following essential areas.
- Pro/E and PDM link
- Bus bars and cables
- Industry Standards like IEC, UL, Marine.
- Safety regulations
- Sheet metal Technologies
- Plastics design and manufacturing.
- Wire harness design and manufacturing.
- Fasteners, Joining Methods
- Knowledge of Electrical Power and Controls Components
- PCBA -3D MCAD integration in product.
- Knowledge on EMI/EMC related to products.
- Experience in usage of PLM tools like PDM, SAP etc.
- Design for X(Assembly, Testability, Serviceability, quality and cost).
- Knowledge in design for automation and manual assembly.
- Exposure to Global product design and development.
Danfoss – Engineering Tomorrow
At Danfoss, we are engineering solutions that allow the world to use resources in smarter ways – driving the sustainable transformation of tomorrow. No transformation has ever been started without a group of passionate, dedicated and empowered people. We believe that innovation and great results are driven by the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds, personalities, skills, and perspectives, reflecting the world in which we do business. To make sure the mix of people works, we strive to create an inclusive work environment where people of all backgrounds are treated equally, respected, and valued for who they are. It is a strong priority within Danfoss to improve the health, working environment and safety of our employees.
Following our founder’s mindset ‘action speaks louder than words’, we set ourselves ambitious targets to protect the environment by embarking on a plan to become CO2 neutral latest by 2030.