Position – Mechanical Design Engineer
Location – Oragadam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Danfoss Drives is looking for a new Mechanical Design Engineer to join our Product Engineering Center in Chennai, India. Our team continuously keeps the current product portfolio competitive by designing cost-effective and high-quality solutions and by developing new functionalities to meet the needs of the customer. In this position you will have close cooperation with other mechanics designers, project team members and other interfaces such as Validation, Procurement, Project office and subcontractors.
- This could be a good opportunity also for you in the beginning of your career towards being a true specialist in the field or mechanical engineering.
As our new Mechanical Design Engineer, your main areas of responsibility will be:
- 3D design in product development projects.
- Creating and developing component requirements and specifications, and other technical design documents as per Danfoss standards and processes.
- Delivering specifications, designs, analysis, and prototypes on time.
- Identify and solve design and product-related issues.
- Bring innovation for time to market reduction and within the cost targets and quality.
- Develop and maintain contacts with relevant manufacturing facilities globally.
- Comply with the product development process and design standards of Danfoss.
- Work closely with manufacturing engineering to move products from design to manufacturing.
- Participate in project reviews to ensure that project deliverable are met.
Background & Skills
- Working Exp. More than 5 years of experience in handling design & product developments
- Minimum requirements for educational background
- Essential: B.E (Mechanical Engineering)
- Desirable: ME on CAD / CAM (or) Engineering Design
- An ideal candidate has at least basic knowledge of manufacturing processes including sheet metals, die casting, and injection molding. You are familiar with 3D design tools such as Creo. Prior experience with AC Drives helps you to get started but is not a necessity. But since we also work in a global company, it is a must that you have a good command of English, both written and spoken. We appreciate a fresh approach to designs and developing products to be competitive within an evolving marketplace.
- On a more personal level, you are innovative, analytical and solutions focused on the ability to work well within a team. You network with different stakeholders easily and you have good communicational skills. What we appreciate the most is your attitude and passion for all your tasks. We also expect you to be ready to develop your skills, both professionally and personally.