Position – Mechanical Design Engineer
Company – Danfoss
Location – Oragadam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
As a constantly growing company, Danfoss is looking for motivated employees who want to work with us on our success. We are seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our diverse team.
You will be part of the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Controls R&D and Engineering organisation in Danfoss, and will report to the Engineering Manager in India.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Act as a part of cross functional team in design change activities arising from continuous improvements of quality and cost.
- Preparation of drawing and specification basis (Hands-on Design initiation, Design Calculations, Part Drawings, Assembly Drawings, Detailed Drawings and Process Improvements related to Refrigeration, Air conditioning & Industrial Controls)
- Design and implement customer specific adaptations.
- Address issues arising from design or bill of materials (BoM) mistakes.
- Technical support for production.
- Participate actively in quality improvement activities.
- Knowledge of TS quality systems / audits / tools.
- Coordinate changes with factories in China / Mexico / Denmark and India.
- Support in Outsourcing Engineering Services, Product Development and R&D activities.
Background & Skills
The ideal candidate possesses these skills.
- B.E. Mechanical engineering, mechatronic engineering
- 4-8 years’ experience with design of mechanical products (Valve and Switches design will be an advantage)
- Experience with 3D CAD (knowledge of Autodesk Inventor will be an advantage)
- Fluent and comprehensive English
- FEA Simulation knowledge In Ansys AIM or equivalent
- Working with SAP
Essential personal characteristics
- All activities are performed in cross functional teams, therefore following are of great importance.
- Team worker
- Networking skills
- Drive and persistence
- Quality mind-set
- Good at communicating, in English written and spoken
- Experience of executing tasks in multinational environment will be an advantage.
Danfoss – Engineering Tomorrow
At Danfoss, we are engineering solutions that allow the world to use resources in smarter ways – driving the sustainable transformation of tomorrow. No transformation has ever been started without a group of passionate, dedicated and empowered people. We believe that innovation and great results are driven by the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds, personalities, skills, and perspectives, reflecting the world in which we do business. To make sure the mix of people works, we strive to create an inclusive work environment where people of all backgrounds are treated equally, respected, and valued for who they are. It is a strong priority within Danfoss to improve the health, working environment and safety of our employees.
Following our founder’s mindset ‘action speaks louder than words’, we set ourselves ambitious targets to protect the environment by embarking on a plan to become CO2 neutral latest by 2030.