Position – Deputy Manager – Key Accounts
Company – Danfoss
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Danfoss, a global market leader in HVAC/R, has an opening for a Deputy Manager – Key Accounts(Preferably in Marine Sector) based in India.
The KAM will manage a short list of key accounts and be fully responsible for managing the customer relationship through our manufacturers’ rep network. This person will be deeply involved in the coordination and implementation of activities to ensure the business plan targets are achieved and/or exceeded. We are looking for a candidate with solid dynamic experience that has a team-building mindset, able to work independently with a range of customers and influencers within the industry.
- Develop sales strategies, & Support Sales team with meetings and developing relationships in the industry.
- Securing professional and highest standard delivery of all services to Marine customers.
- Analyse the market in order to identify future customer requirements.
- Research market for public and commercial tender.
- Collaborate with the colleagues across Segments and take full accountability for closure. (Working with design, sales team, creative, advertising, logistics, managers, marketing, and team members from other departments dedicated to the same client account to ensure the highest quality of materials are being produced and all client needs met)
- Keep up to date with in- house as well as represented products and services, Industry rules and regulations.
- Develop Plan for Targeted accounts and prioritize growth initiatives and strategically position Danfoss product portfolio as per customer needs.
- Understand the existing business with the accounts, key decision makers and effectively evaluate on major project opportunities.
- Keep track of competitors’ activity with each account and Report the account status on a monthly basis.
- Develop extensive relationship with the client post Sales Closure.
- Negotiating contracts with the client and establishing a timeline of performance
- Collaborating with the sales team to maximize profit by up-selling or cross-selling
- Planning and presenting reports on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with team members, stakeholders, and possible use in future case studies or company training
- Meeting all client needs and deliverables according to proposed timelines
Background & Skills
- Seeking Ex-Marine Engineer/ Account Manager, Bachelor of Marine Engineer or BE Mechanical with minimum 3-5 years’ experience in shipping or offshore industry, preferably in Sales / Business development. Excellent English language skills. Self- driven with ability to pursue and achieve established goals.
- Your background Minimum 1-2 years of experience in Sales / Strategy ( Preferably in Marine Sector)
- Ability to handle multiple accounts and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent Analytical, communication and leadership skills.
- Goal Oriented, self-motivated and self-directed and a team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be a listener, a presenter, and a people-person
- Basic computer skills, and experience with CRM software and the Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on superior Excel skills.
- Strong negotiation skills, with ability follow-through on client contracts
- Ability to multitask and manage more than one client account
- Proven results of delivering client solutions and meeting sales goals
- In-depth understanding of company key clients and their position in the industry
Danfoss – Engineering Tomorrow
At Danfoss, we are engineering solutions that allow the world to use resources in smarter ways – driving the sustainable transformation of tomorrow. No transformation has ever been started without a group of passionate, dedicated and empowered people. We believe that innovation and great results are driven by the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds, personalities, skills, and perspectives, reflecting the world in which we do business. To make sure the mix of people works, we strive to create an inclusive work environment where people of all backgrounds are treated equally, respected, and valued for who they are. It is a strong priority within Danfoss to improve the health, working environment and safety of our employees.
Following our founder’s mindset ‘action speaks louder than words’, we set ourselves ambitious targets to protect the environment by embarking on a plan to become CO2 neutral latest by 2030.