Position – Associate Engineer-Steering
Company – Danfoss
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
We have an immediate opportunity for a Associate Engineer-Steering to join us at our diverse team. The Associate Engineer-Steering will be responsible to support and execute design and development of hydraulic Steering products to meet customer specific technical, cost and market related technology requirement of electro hydraulic integrated motor controls in mobile & industrial hydraulics platforms & applications.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Perform new design & design change using Pro/E Wildfire 3.0/5.0 & maintain database in Enovia PLM environment
- Detail assembly and component drawing creation for prototypes/productions & preparation of customer drawings
- Concept generation/creation for various parts, assemblies of hydraulic products for new product/sub-system and should materialize it to 3D model and perform tolerance stack-up analysis
- Conduct assembly level layout analysis with other subassemblies and create the details report of findings
- Maintain records/documents for all the projects (Project plan, design review document, ECO/ECR, MoM etc.) per ISO standard and should produce the same whenever required
- Involve during physical testing of the product with test technicians at test locations
- Can able to handle a project or phase of a program independently within strict deadlines and with highest quality.
- Have to communicate, work & understand cross functional team in India as wells as other worldwide Eaton locations.
- Support predictable designs through six sigma methodology for product development. Utilize DFSS concepts / tools such as PDSC, P-Diagram, DFMEA, Risk Management & DVPR for new product development &/or existing product improvements
- Performs quality checks to ensure design meet Eaton and customer standards / requirements
- Provide technical support to all internal departments, suppliers, and customers as it relates to the product.
Background & Skills
The ideal candidate possesses these skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 0-3 years of engineering/product design experience in relevant domain
- Awareness of DFSS tools like FMEA.FMECA, Monte Carlo Analysis etc.
- Root Cause Analysis, 8D methodology awareness
- Awareness of engineering standard like ASME / ISO related to Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T), Stack Up analysis, checklists, etc
- Familiar with Engineering change management process and execution of changes thru PLM or any other system
- Pro/E Wildfire 3.0/5.0 and AutoCAD 2008+ working experience
- Knowledge of piston pumps and motor design will be added advantage
- Exposure to computational methods (FEM, CFD, MatLAB, etc)
Danfoss – Engineering Tomorrow
At Danfoss, we are engineering solutions that allow the world to use resources in smarter ways – driving the sustainable transformation of tomorrow. No transformation has ever been started without a group of passionate, dedicated and empowered people. We believe that innovation and great results are driven by the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds, personalities, skills, and perspectives, reflecting the world in which we do business. To make sure the mix of people works, we strive to create an inclusive work environment where people of all backgrounds are treated equally, respected, and valued for who they are. It is a strong priority within Danfoss to improve the health, working environment and safety of our employees.
Following our founder’s mindset ‘action speaks louder than words’, we set ourselves ambitious targets to protect the environment by embarking on a plan to become CO2 neutral latest by 2030.