Position – Industrial Designer
Company – Cytiva
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
Help us improve access to life-changing therapies that can transform human health
We are Cytiva, a global provider of technologies and services that advance and accelerate the development and manufacture of therapeutics. Formerly part of GE Healthcare, we have a rich heritage tracing back hundreds of years, and a fresh beginning since 2020.
Our customers undertake life-saving activities. These range from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, biologic drugs, and novel cell and gene therapies. Our job is to supply the tools and services – the pots, pans, soups, and sauces – they need to work better, faster, and safer, leading to better patient outcomes.
We are looking for an Industrial Designer to work with our expert UX Design team of 15 employees across the world.
What you’ll do
- Perform industrial design tasks including user research, product aesthetics, ergonomics & human factors, DFM, and model-making & prototyping
- Maintain strong bias towards an empathetic design that serve users and patients and considering technical, financial, or scheduling limitations judiciously
- Work collaboratively with a regional and global team of designers to fulfill the shared goals and aspirations of the community of practice (COP) and elevate design within the company
- Work collaboratively with engineering and manufacturing teams for translating the design concepts into successful projects
- Consult with clients to determine requirements for the design
- Research the various wary a product might be used, and who will use it.
- Sketch ideas or create renderings, which are images on paper or digital representations
- Use computer SW to develop virtual design models
- Create digital or physical models / mock-ups of your designs
- Work with other specialists, such as mechanical engineers and manufacturers, to evaluate whether your design will fill need form a producibility and cost perspective
- Present designs and demonstrate prototypes to clients for feedback and approval
Who you are
- Master’s degree in industrial design or equivalent
- 5 years professional experience
- Proficient in 3D CAD software, Creo or Solid works
- Advanced skill level with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Excellent sketching and photorealistic rendering skills
- Working knowledge of manufacturing and material processes
Who we are
Whatever your role, we bring purpose and challenge into our everyday work. If you are driven to make the world a better place thanks to science and medicine, you’ll feel right at home here. If you’re flexible, curious, and relentless, you’ll belong. If you are excited about global culture, this can be the place to further your career.
Want to know more? Experience life at Cytiva on our Careers website , Instagram channel and LinkedIn page !
Cytiva is global life sciences leader with over 7000 associates across 40 countries who are dedicated to our mission to advance and accelerate therapeutics. As a trusted partner to customers that range in scale and scope, Cytiva brings efficiencies to research and manufacturing workflows, ensuring the development, manufacture and delivery of transformative medicines to patients.
Cytiva is part of the Danaher family of companies, a global science, and technology innovator committed to helping customers solve complex challenges and improving the quality of life around the world.