Position – Mechanical Engineer
Company – Cyient
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Cyient is a global engineering and technology solutions company. As a Design, Build, and Maintain partner for leading organizations worldwide, we take solution ownership across the value chain to help clients focus on their core, innovate, and stay ahead of the curve. We leverage digital technologies, advanced analytics capabilities, and our domain knowledge and technical expertise, to solve complex business problems.
With over 15,000 employees globally, we partner with clients to operate as part of their extended team in ways that best suit their organization’s culture and requirements. Our industry focus includes aerospace and defence, healthcare, telecommunications, rail transportation, semiconductor, geospatial, industrial, and energy.
About The Role:
- With support, performs the design, layout, testing, and evaluation of mechanical and electro-mechanical devices or systems. Perform product development activities including drawing board layout and interpretation and implementation of customer specifications and documentation requirements. Provide existing product line support in design activities and modification of hardware in production. Conduct engineering studies and may assign work to technical drafting staff. At this level, assignments are moderately complex and require use of initiative.
- Provide a Vehicle Structural/ Train Carbody Shell Engineering projects outputs in compliance with the Engineering QCD commitments.
- Lead his work package reviews for the project You will be in charge, Identify and highlight road block, risks and offers suitable practical solutions to engineering problems Contribute to Car body Shell definition taking into account in weight, layout, acoustics, crash and structural constraints.
- Organise Design / Verification reviews and provide the associated reports. Provide Technical Solution, Gaps on application part and Product part following his domain.
- Clarify all technical doubts related to the project in consultation with internal and customer discipline chiefs. Conduct self and team’s internal quality checks and ensure the accuracy and consistency all across deliveries. Contribute to turn backs and RCAs Articulate thought process well in individual meetings and larger team meetings, and in dealings with related team members – internal customers and fellow team members. Share knowledge and mentor junior engineers on Tools, Standard work, domain knowledge
- Exposure in product development environment of a vehicle/equipment/ rolling stock industry
- compute& represent mass, CG of vehicle
- read and apply technical specification for a product/sub system
- Good knowledge of drawing rules and GDT&T using relevant standards ASME , DIN, EN, ISO
- integrate manufacturing requirements in the design dimensional stack up
- Experience in handling 3D and 2D data for modelling and detailing of parts, assemblies and installations for sheet metal, Casting , Forgings using CATIA V5 and PLM tools like Enovia Good Knowledge of materials & mechanical characteristics understand product costs on a technical solution
- evaluate accessibility
- determine the most suitable design according to the assembly criticality.
- Analyse validation results. & propose improvements Ability to determine weight allocation/COG for a complete vehicle set starting from existing projects, on rail rolling stock perform basic calculation on all type of mechanical assemblies according to standards Able to design a simple welded assembly
Skills & Experience
- CATIA Design, CATIA v5, ENOVIA
Cyient is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cyient recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive company where our people can focus their whole self on solving problems that matter.
At Cyient, we work towards improving the daily lives of people with unwavering focus. From a quieter flight to a safer train journey, a more reliable energy supply, or a faster internet connection, we provide engineering, manufacturing, geospatial, network and operations management services to industry leaders across the globe.
Our 15,000 associates are located in more than 21 countries, supporting 12 industries, including aerospace, rail transportation, power generation, telecommunications and medical technology.
With a sound track record of growth and profitability, we are committed to developing a sustainable society and actively promoting education and inclusive growth initiatives in our local communities.
We have established deep-rooted, enduring relationships with global industry leaders, by understanding their business needs, goals, culture, and core values. As part of our strong corporate ethos, co-creating business and public value is important to us. In this direction, the Cyient Foundation has developed a framework that unifies our diverse corporate social responsibility initiatives, such as government school adoptions, digital literacy programs, and social innovation technology projects.
Or, as we like to call it, Designing Tomorrow Together.