Position – Mechanical Engineer – Product Design
Company – Cyient
Location – Hyderabad, Telangana
Cyient is a global engineering and technology solutions company. As a Design, Build, and Maintain partner for leading organizations worldwide, we take solution ownership across the value chain to help clients focus on their core, innovate, and stay ahead of the curve. We leverage digital technologies, advanced analytics capabilities, and our domain knowledge and technical expertise, to solve complex business problems.
With over 15,000 employees globally, we partner with clients to operate as part of their extended team in ways that best suit their organization’s culture and requirements. Our industry focus includes aerospace and defence, healthcare, telecommunications, rail transportation, semiconductor, geospatial, industrial, and energy.
- Perform a full lifecycle product development (Design, Develop, test prototypes, and implement)
- Design systems and components that meet needs and requirements
- Interact with cross-functional teams and engineers from other disciplines, to understand various requirements in developing the design
- Develop Project Plan, Risk Management and other requirements as per Business unit specific process
- Perform product verification to evaluate the products overall performance, reliability and safety.
Alter and modify design to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions.
- Prepare product reports and documentation
- Work with global Product Optimization engineering (POE) teams to maintain alignment on business unit R&D and existing product development road maps and resources.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams during all phases of the toll-gate process
You will need :
- First Class Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Proven working experience, specifically in the design and development of products such as laboratory, home appliances, temperature and pressure control equipment’s.
- Solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, materials science etc.
- Solid understanding of technical risk assessment and mitigation plan development
- Working experience with global engineering teams and remote engineering
- Excellent communication skills
- Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- 8+ years overall experience
- Familiarity with engineering design, GD&T, Tolerance Stack-up Analysis, DFM & DFS principles.
- Familiarity with various engineering materials (primarily Plastics and Metals) and the manufacturing processes employed in making products using these materials. Critical Thinking, ability to comprehend the situation/ Problem, Escalate on time
- Creativity and analytical skills, Organizational skills, such as time and resource planning and the ability to work under pressure.
- Effectively identify, measure, communicate and manage risks, recommend options which are supported by a clear fact set and analysis
- Strong time management skills, prioritization abilities and take ownership of issues and tasks
- Knowledge in project management in theory and practice. Ability to manage Scope, Schedule, cost & Quality requirements
- Ability to own end to end success of the project, engaging cross functions, ensuring accountability, execution of timelines, and continuous change management to deliver on-time, qualitative results
- Knowledge on Safety regulatory requirements of laboratory equipment will be preferred
- Knowledge of any 3D modelling software like solid works/ ProE/ unigraphics/ Catia would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of AutoCAD would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of ERP systems like Arena, BAAN/SAAP is preferred
- Willing to travel abroad based on project need
Skills & ExperienceGeometric Dimensioning And Tolerancing (GD&T), Mechanical Engineerig, Project Management
Cyient is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cyient recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive company where our people can focus their whole self on solving problems that matter.