Position – Design Engineer
Company – CYIENT
Locations – Hyderabad/Bengaluru, India
Cyient is a global engineering and technology solutions company. As a Design, Build, and Maintain partner for leading organizations worldwide, we take solution ownership across the value chain to help clients focus on their core, innovate, and stay ahead of the curve. We leverage digital technologies, advanced analytics capabilities, and our domain knowledge and technical expertise, to solve complex business problems.
With over 15,000 employees globally, we partner with clients to operate as part of their extended team in ways that best suit their organization’s culture and requirements. Our industry focus includes aerospace and defense, healthcare, telecommunications, rail transportation, semiconductor, geospatial, industrial, and energy.
Profile/Position:Design Engineer– Entry
Education Qualification: Bachelor/Master degree in Mechanical Engineering with Tool design/CAD/CAM or Post Graduate Diploma in Tool Design & CAD/CAM from reputed institutes like CITD-Hyderabad, IGTR-Aurangabad, CTTC-Bhuvneshwar and NTTF- -Bangalore
Years of Experience: 0 -1 year
Location: Hyderabad & Bangalore
Description Summary: Work under the guidance of senior engineers / Lead engineers on the assigned project of the Rail engineering domain in the area of Mechanical design /Product design of components and their assemblies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Should have Good Knowledge on Strength of Materials, Material Selection, Machining and Fabrication process and post processing operations and design calculations
- Should have good, good knowledge in CAD tools like CATIA/NX/CREO preferably Catia V5 or 3D Experience
- 3D concept development, 2D development drawings using CAD tools
- Create design concepts in 2D and 3D using any CAD tools
- Good Knowledge of the Design of Sheet metal, Welding & Plastic parts.
- Good knowledge and interpretation of Mfg Drawings
- Eagerness to learn from experienced engineers
- Good knowledge on GD&T concepts and its applicability on design and Manufacturing processes.
- Good Knowledge in Robust Modeling and Detailing practices.
- Co-ordinate with customers to understand the scope, collect inputs and deliver results.
- Prepare design summary presentation and reports
- Deliver results ensuring 100% quality and on- time delivery Mandatory skills:
- Creativity and ability to think “outside the box” when solving problems
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Skills & Experience
- Automotive Engineering, Catia, Creo, Siemens NX, SolidWorks
Cyient is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cyient recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive company where our people can focus their whole self on solving problems that matter.