Position – Lead CATIA Engineer
Company – Cyient
Location – Manikonda, Hyderabad, Telangana, IN
Full Job Description
Cyient is a global engineering and technology solutions company. As a Design, Build, and Maintain partner for leading organizations worldwide, we take solution ownership across the value chain to help clients focus on their core, innovate, and stay ahead of the curve. We leverage digital technologies, advanced analytics capabilities, and our domain knowledge and technical expertise, to solve complex business problems.
With over 15,000 employees globally, we partner with clients to operate as part of their extended team in ways that best suit their organization’s culture and requirements. Our industry focus includes aerospace and defence, healthcare, telecommunications, rail transportation, semiconductor, geospatial, industrial, and energy.
- Candidate should have at least 8 to 10 years hands on experience (not overall) using Catia V5 on below modules
- Part Modeling
- Assembly modeling
- Generative shape design
- Generative Sheet metal modeling
- Surface modeling
- Tubing / Piping Module
- DMU Analysis
- Electrical harness routing (basic knowledge)
- Tolerance stack-up analysis (added advantage)
- Have extensive design experience in one or more domains
- Have extensive design experience in one or more industry verticals
- Transportation (Rail)
- Heavy Engineering
- Working Knowledge on PDM / SAP (added advantage)
- Working Knowledge on 3D-Com (VPM) (added advantage)
- Bombardier Tools and Processes (added advantage)
- Must be good in understanding the vehicle interior/exteriors requirements and translate into concept.
- Ability to review, assess and endorse designs as per IDD and DFMA methodology.
- Knowledge of Mechanical components & their functions as well as the various specifications and standards used in manufacturing/fabrication.
- Identify and select appropriate materials and surface finish of Vehicle Interiors / exterior parts as per requirements.
- Knowledge in welding terminology types and their symbolic representation in drawings.
- Through understating of individual tolerances / weights of interiors / exteriors / Cab components and its effect on the assemblies or installation.
- Knowledge in basic applications of different fits, tolerances, allowances, Surface finish etc;
- Knowledge of different fasteners, gluing & bonding agents used in Mechanical applications.
- Ensure that interior element design must meet maintenance, human factors and Safety requirements.
- Strong communicator and negotiator.
- Solicit customer requirements and transform them into solutions with our suppliers.
- Awareness in manufacturing processes of different mechanical components and assemblies.
- Good in drawing reading and be aware of different drawing standards.
- Good knowledge of GD&T and basic knowledge of Catia.
- Exposure to new product development and Industrial work experience.
- Should have good knowledge in MS-Office applications.
- Should work on assignments where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems while in Design phase.
- Should be able to quickly adapts to projects, programs or methods based on customer feedback/requirements.
- Should be able to identify the opportunities for process and procedure enhancements to drive efficiency and customer service level.
- B.Tech / M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering / Production Engineering / Aeronautical Engineering
Skills & Experience
CATIA Design, CATIA Drafting, CATIA v5
Cyient is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cyient recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive company where our people can focus their whole self on solving problems that matter.