Cummins Inc. is Hiring | Mechanical Maintenance Engineer |
Position – Mechanical Maintenance Engineer for MIW
Company – Cummins Inc.
Location – Phaltan, Maharashtra, IN
- Performs maintenance and machine support tasks to keep equipment available and capable. Selects and uses appropriate tools, machinery and specialty equipment completing work with limited guidance. Learns and understand the protocols of working safely with electricity and other energy sources with industrial equipment.
- Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE)
- Stop work and immediately report any major injury hazards.
- Report any work-related injury, illness, incident or hazard.
- Comply with HSE standards, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Promote interdependence by looking out for one another.
- Correct hazards within your control and capabilities.
- Recognize how your work may impact the environment and work to minimize the negative impact.
- Engage in HSE Training.
- Applies high standards of workmanship and craftsmanship.
- Support equipment uptime and downtime failure analysis.
- Performs work in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and specifications using various tools, measuring and testing instruments.
- Provide feedback into the Preventive Maintenance system.
- Follows all process documentation and quality procedures.
- Raises issues to minimize cost and quality exposures.
- Performs quality inspections.
- Repairs and maintains manufacturing equipment.
- Performs and documents preventive, emergency, corrective and predictive maintenance activities.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area, including routine housekeeping and machine cleaning tasks.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as required to meet production goals.
- Identify and reduce manufacturing constraints
- Schedule maintenance activities around production requirements
- Solve problems and improve processes
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Communicates effectively with the assigned team and with all support teams.
- Completes training and personal development in line with business requirements.
- Participates actively with local Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) teams in ways to improve quality, safety, process, material flow, and employee development.
- Controls Safety – Recognizes controls related hazards in a manufacturing environment (Electrical, Hydraulic, Pneumatic) to incorporate safe practices and procedures as part of the daily work plan to reduce injuries and create a safe machine environment.
- Health and Safety Fundamentals – Champions and models proactive health and safety behaviors by identifying, reporting and participating in actions to improve health and safety in order to build an interdependent culture and contribute to an injury-free workplace.
- Manufacturing Knowledge – Demonstrates the knowledge of manufacturing by correctly implementing changes in current processes, equipment, and applications to meet the function’s needs and contribute towards continuous improvement.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Customer focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Decision quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Nimble learning – Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Drives results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- High school diploma or certificate of completion of secondary education or equivalent experience to the extent such experience meets applicable regulations.
- This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
- Requires some work experience or intermediate-level knowledge obtained through education, training, or on-the-job experience.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 4-5 years of experience as a Maintenance Engineer at a Machine shop
- Maintenance operations, 5S, Kaizen implementation, Shift management
- PM, Uptime, MTTR, MTBF
- Knowledge of analytical QC tools, Root cause analysis, and Why-Why analysis
- Troubleshooting skills of CNC machines and skills to repair
- Basic knowledge about Bearings, Ball screws, Slides, Spindles, Hydraulic and Pneumatic components
- Disciplined and follow all LOTO safety protocols.
- Maintenance record and documentation
- Spare management
Primary Location India-Maharashtra-Pune-India, Phaltan, Components Plant
Job Type Shop
Recruitment Job Type Shop
Job Posting May 18, 2023, 7:05:11 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Organization Cummins Emission Solutions
Role Category Onsite
Req ID: 230004F8