Position – Engineer – Life Cycle Assessment
Company – Copeland
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
We are looking for passionate individuals, who are motivated to execute an environmental sustainability program in a leading technology company. As an LCA professional, you will be instrumental in supporting Copeland’s sustainable product strategy worldwide. You will be responsible for the quantification of the environmental footprint of Copeland’s extensive product portfolio and contribute to making our product environmentally superior.
Who you are
- You are passionately motivated to make a difference and deliver exceptional work in driving environmental sustainability forward across a large corporation.
- You are a critical thinker with a strong eye for detail, but you are able to balance thinking and planning with actions
- You are focused on priorities and set yourself stretch goals.
- You take time to ask questions and define the problem and make learning a priority.
- You engage in collaborative planning and can work on multiple projects concurrently.
- You identify and get to know your stakeholders and colleagues.
- You prepare content for communication that is impactful, helping transform intangible ideas into tangible actions and influencing decisions.
- You thrive on change, and learning agility, intellectually curious.
Preferred Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering – Mechanical/ Electronics with 1-3 years of Mechanical /Electronics product-based industrial experience preferably Mechanical Machinery such as compressors, Pumps, or any other rotary Engines supported by electronic supplements.
- Knowledge of Environmental Engineering and LCA modeling of mechanical/electromechanical products is preferred
- Understanding of LCA databases e.g. Sphera, Ecoinvent, etc, and should be efficient in using LCA modeling software, preferably “LCA for Expert” by Sphera
- Skilled to interpret relevant LCA standards & guidelines (e.g. ISO 14040/44) and use them appropriately
- Familiarity with climate change reporting frameworks (e.g. GHG Protocol, SBTi, etc.)
- Must be able to work fluently in English (written and spoken) as well as tools like PowerPoint and Excel
- A team player who demonstrates the willingness and ability to work effectively in diverse teams globally and collaborate with colleagues at all levels
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical and problem-solving skills with good attention to details
- Disciplined and with great organizational skills
- Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills – proven ability to summarize complex material into key findings and implications for our business
- Experience in working on multiple projects at a time and prioritizing to meet the timelines
- Individual Contributor – To quantify the environmental footprint of its products by conducting Full life-cycle assessments (LCAs), as part of Copeland’s global LCA program.
- Be responsible for data gathering and analysis, industry research, writing reports, preparing presentations, and presenting your findings to business leaders and management.
- Work with engineering design, procurement, IT, marketing, and sales teams globally towards project kick-off, collect relevant data, validate calculations, interpret the results of the life cycle assessments, run scenario analysis, conduct review, prepare clear and compelling reports and suggest recommendations to make our product environmentally superior.
- Interpret and stay updated with various applicable international standards. Evaluate available information in projects and determine compliance with those standards
- Organizing, planning, prioritizing the projects, and accomplishing them
- Collaborate with external auditors toward critical reviews of ISO certification
- Develop a network with internal and external stakeholders eg. Sustainability leaders, suppliers, and external consultants to gather the necessary information required for the execution
In the longer term, you may need to:
- Support engineering design teams in incorporating relevant environmental footprint data into their product or solution designs.
- Support marketing, and business divisions by providing relevant environmental footprint information, which may be requested by suppliers or customers.
- Provide technical expertise through training on life cycle assessments to the rest of the organization.
Key Korn Ferry Competences:
- Communicates Effectively
- Optimizes work processes
- Nimble Learning
- Plans and align
- Attention to Details
- On-time delivery
- Quality & Consistency
- Technical Reporting