Position – Engineer – Stress
Company – Air Products
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Job Description and Qualifications
The job holder is one of the key members of the piping design team having responsibility for stress design. The job holder shall be responsible for the piping stress design on projects executed
- Responsible for piping stress analysis of piping systems on projects.
- Responsible for review of corresponding documents.
- A Piping Stress Engineer acts as the technical interface with AP project execution teams for piping stress design. The primary purpose is the delivery of a safe, fit-for-purpose piping stress design to an agreed schedule and construction budget.
- Safety and rigorous adherence to relevant specifications and standards for all piping stress designs.
- Prepare Project piping stress specification and critical line list
- Conduct pipe stress engineering of piping systems using Caeser / Autopipe
- Prepare and provide loading information to other engineering disciplines.
- Piping support design
- Specifying piping stress items – EJs, spring hangers, etc
- Develop common work practices within the company
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- An Engineering Degree in Mechanical with a work experience of around 3-5 years in piping stress analysis.
- Must be familiar with an engineering organization, the function of each discipline and how they interact, and the function of the various support groups globally.
- Experience working on Caesar and or Autopipe
- Experience in conducting pipe stress analysis of piping systems. Experience in the analysis of cryogenic systems will be of advantage.
- Experience in pipe support design.
- Experience in specifying and review of expansion joints, spring hangers, etc.
- Experience in both Pipe supporting and Piping stress work process
- Knowledge and experience in plant layouts and model review meetings and software
- Experience and knowledge to effectively communicate issues and ideas effectively.