Position – DEPUTY MANAGER – DESIGN (COVERS, STRUCTURES)
Company – Claas India Private Limited
Exp. – 5 to 10 year(s) of Experience
Location – Morinda, Punjab, IN
Roles and Responsibilities
- Concept and detailed design of Covers, Structures and Various Componenets group for combine harvesters considering given specifications.
- Support the group leader with the objectives of ensuring product and engineering quality.
- Design and development at the complete aggregate, system and assembly level of machine.
- Detailed design of Structural parts, Sheet metal components, Weldments for strength, durability and damage tolerance. Also, provide effective support for technical discussions with part suppliers.
- Analysis and evaluation of competition.
- Preparation of BOM’s and process documentation.
- Coordination of developments along with vendors and in-house fabrication and assembly facilities.
- Technical clarification of design and production issues to responsible departments.
- Supporting in planning, implementing and evaluation of test together with proto shop and validation department.
- Responsibility of Covers, Structures and Various Componenets as an aggregate in terms of function, cost, quality and delivery timeline.
- Initiate action to improve quality, manufacturing cost and function. Compliance with project cost.
- Plan and execute budget and resources for new products and product improvement.
- Cooperation in projects, managing / coordination of projects.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Good knowledge in Covers & Structures, AC / Non AC Cabin.
- Competent knowledge in interpretation of Field Test results.
- Experience in managing /coordination of projects /sub-projects.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- Good knowledge and exposure to CAD package – CATIA V5/V6, PLM – ENOVIA, and SAP.
- Good knowledge and exposure of doing DFMEA, DFM and DFA.
- Good Techno-Managerial and Leadership skills.
- Good knowledge of Agriculture equipments and Harvesters,
- Knowledge of micro & macro feasibility of a new vehicle,
- Should be able to carry out hand calculation for design, tolerance stack-ups and verify the design before FEA and Test.
- Competent knowledge in parts selection like Hinges, latches, Pneumatic springs, Operator seats, Cabin components etc.
B.Tech/B.E. – Agriculture, Mechanical
Claas India Private Limited is a 100% subsidiary of CLAAS Group of Germany. CLAAS KGaA, Group is a leading manufacturer of agricultural harvesting machinery.