Position – Production Shift Engineer – GPP (CNG Packages)
Company – Atlas Copco (India) Ltd.
Location – Pune, Maharashtra
To further strengthen Operational Excellence, Customer Centricity, Production & Delivery Efficiency with Cost & Quality leadership within the organization with best capitalisation of skill sets, competence of internal / external resources.
YOUR MISSION WILL BE TO:
Product Company (PC) – Dapodi is on a mission “To be recognized as a benchmark product company in the Atlas Copco Group”. We believe that it could be only possible through our vision of “fostering a sustainable culture where committed teams embrace challenging oppurtunities” Dapodi plant aims to become best-in-class manufacturing unit within the group.
You shall strengthen & ramp-up the Production of GPP (CNG Packages) at Dapodi plant, by focussing on NPD’s, manufacturing engineering, planning & quality activities of CNG Packaging & Testing activities.
You will be responsible for all manufacturing systems (BPCS, MES, DN management…) for efficient functioning of production line, which requires high level of data accuracy in these systems.
You will work proactively on system & shop floor data quality (cycle time, item class, MES kit list, phase in/out…) to make sure that high level of support is given to CFT’s for timely delivery of machines.
You will be responsible for On-Time-In-Full execution & technical support to NPD’s, Standard Plus and Non Standard CNG packages manufacturing plans & activities and will drive cross functional teams (Production, Quality, Sourcing, SQA, Engineering..) for effective execution of the production plans.
You will be dircetly reporting to Team Leader Manufacturing (AIA & GPP)
Your key responsibilities and area of focus shall include but not restrict to:
- Plan and schedule the production of the Std., Std. Plus & Non Std. machines as per the priorities assigned by planner & project teams in order to ensure maximum space utilization.
- Follow up progress and quality of actions taken through an assembly checklist.
- Conduct inspection of all critical aspects of the manufacturing as per the work instructions / standard operating procedures / BOM’s / Assembly drawings.
- Provide necessary guidance to the workmen related to packaging of std., std. plus & engineered machines and ensure the availability of the right tools needed for the completion of the job.
- Check the package as per the set process e.g. checklist & coordinate with the contractors to resolve the day to day production issues.
- Maintain the documentation & checklist as per the tender requirement & prepare the necessary files in Hard / Soft form.
- Ensure that the packaging of the machines is in line with division guidelines, customer specifications and other good engineering practices.
- Ensure strict compliance to all Environment, Health, Energy and Safety standards defined by the Group and local administration.
- Conceptualize and implement strict measures in operating procedures to optimize resource/ capacity utilization.
- Develop & work with methods for all kind of certifications, work instructions and procedures.
- Create and maintain the assign material storage area for the projects on floor.
- Provide regular feedback to CFT’s and project teams about to establish, streamline & optimize the manufacturing process of Dapodi plant to meet the business requirement of being world class manufacturing
- Ensure effectiveness of the product & process audits & take necessary corrective & preventive action
- Ensure effectiveness & support for all sort MES activities for the Dapodi plant
- Ensure support to Engineering for New Product Development activities
- Ensure shop floor efficiency, FTR measurement and improvement thereof & to handle time and motion study activities
- Ensure to adapt new technology for further developments of operations.
- Ensure full adherence to 5S (Sort, Set In Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) practices at all times
- Ensure/Audit equipment’s is within calibration date and all systems are functioning correctly
- Ensure the team are aware of day to day targets and responsibilities
- Keep records of equipment’s, deliveries and supplies, and make them available to management for evaluation.
- Monitor and maintain all safety equipment and tools
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems (internal & external) if required through KAIZEN initiatives
- Responsible for training of operators for products and processes within the local team
- Responsible for daily management and support for the team to achieve operational success
- Carry out incident, accident and non-conformity investigations and associated eporting and action closure
- Work positively with support functions to fully define the processes / procedures / controls relevant to team activities. Provide support and input to continuous improvement activities within the team
- Raise red flags in time to the management if situations appears to be going out of control
- To ensure compliance with Atlas Copco Business Code of Practice.
SAFETY, HEALTH & ENVIRONMENT:
- Assist Flow manager/Team leader Manufacturing to Adhere to health, Safety and Environment in areas of Production, Testing. Ensure appropriate measures, pokayoke, processes, policies, guidelines, documentations, awareness to team regarding above.
- Assist Flow manager/Team leader Manufacturing for compliances and adherence in areas of Safety, Health and Environment in areas of Waste generation and handling, electrical and electronic components use and energy supply; Use and disposal of aerosols, oils, liquids etc as defined under legal and health guidelines, comsumption of resources like water, air, gases, power, material etc.
- Respect & Contribute actively to the SHE procedures (Safety, Health, Energy & Environment)
- Promote ideas for continuous improvement & innovation
- Interact on-time, with transparency & commitment with colleagues & managers
- Maintain respectful and polite relationship with all contacts.
- Promote Group Core values: Interaction, Commitment, and Innovation in order to reach the vision “First in Mind – First in Choice”.
- Work as per group guidelines & ‘The way we do things’
- Systematic and meticulous in his/her work
- Able to deal with deadlines, being Customer Oriented
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Mathematical and Analytical skills
- Prepared to work within demanding production environment
- Ownership of assignments with time bound approach.
- High ability to work in teams
- Action & result oriented.
- Positive attitude, constantly raising the performance bar
- Undisputed business ethics vs supplier & adhere to “Business Code of Practice”.
KNOWLEDGE / EDUCATION REQUIREMENT:
- University degree in Mechanical / Production / Industrial Engineering.
- +3years of experience in production, manufacturing engineering, methods, process control and design, manufacturing excellence, quality.
- Fluent in English
- Excellence in IT tools like ERP (BPCS), MES, MS-Office, Offce 365 etc.
City – Dapodi, Pune
Passionate people create exceptional things
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future.
We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.