CIRCOR is Hiring | Design Engineer |
Position – Design Engineer
Company – CIRCOR
Location – Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, IN
LOCATION: Coimbatore, India
REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager / Team Lead, Coimbatore
CIRCOR International (NYSE: CIR) is one of the world’s leading providers of mission critical flow control products and services for the Industrial and Aerospace & Defense markets. The Company has a product portfolio of market-leading brands serving its customers’ most demanding applications. CIRCOR markets its solutions directly and through various sales partners to more than 14,000 customers in approximately 100 countries. The Company has a global presence with approximately 3,200 employees and is headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts. For more information, visit the Company’s investor relations website at https://investors.circor.com/About
CIRCOR Aerospace & Defense
CIRCOR Aerospace & Defense is focused on the design, development, and manufacture of specialty fluid and motion control products for demanding aerospace and defense applications. CIRCOR products are flying on most commercial and military aircraft, including single and twin aisle air transport, business and regional jets, military transports and fighters, and commercial and military rotorcraft. Other markets include unmanned aircraft, shipboard applications, and military ground vehicles.
Business units are in Corona, California; Warren, Massachusetts; Hauppauge, New York; Paris, France; Uxbridge, UK; and Tangier, Morocco. Parent company CIRCOR International is headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts and CIRCOR Aerospace & Defense is headquartered in Corona, California.
CIRCOR Coimbatore, India
CIRCOR Flow Technologies India Private Ltd (CIRCOR Coimbatore), a wholly owned subsidiary of CIRCOR International, Inc., was established in 2009 to capitalize on the rapidly growing market opportunities in India region, including power generation, oïl and gas, industrial and Aerospace & Defense segments. CIRCOR Coimbatore has a diversified portfolio of highly engineered products, solutions and sub-systems that control flow of fluids safely and efficiently in various customer applications.
CIRCOR Coimbatore facility is functioning as CIRCOR’s “Centre of Excellence” for Design Engineering, Application Engineering, Strategic Sourcing & Manufacturing.
The Design Engineer designs specialized fluid control components using computer aided design and drafting (CAD) tools to meet customer requests; and collaborates as necessary to generate details, assembly drawings, models, and bills of materials (BOM).
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in the design & development of Pneumatic and Hydraulic Flow control products e.g. Pressure Regulators (Dome & Spring type), Stop valves, Solenoid valves, Hydraulic and fuel manifolds, Check and Relief valves, Sampling and bleed valves, directional control valves, Motor-operated valves, Float and shutoff valves, Cryogenic valves, Automatic drain valves, Pressure reducing stations, Skids and/or hydraulic & pneumatic actuators.
- Develops preliminary design concepts and prepares technical proposals for new business opportunities.
- Prepares Design 3D models, 2D drawings, Bills of Materials (BOMs), and all design related documentation or reports.
- Performs tolerance stack ups, fits & clearances, and stress, strain and flow calculations as required.
- Performs analytical calculations and supports testing programs as necessary to demonstrate conformance to the design.
- Completes forms and relevant documentation within the Engineering department for change management, procurement, fabrication and testing.
- Generates applicable test and assembly procedures and reports for design verification and manufacturing.
- Initiates requests for fabrication of prototypes and order special materials when required, as well as any fixtures and tooling needed.
- Supports projects by creating the concept models, ensure designs are safe, reliable, are within expected cost and budget requirements, are completed on-time, and meet customer requirements. Supports in New Product Development process.
- Communicates the status of engineering efforts to the Team Lead–Design Engineering– Aerospace & Defense, Coimbatore, India. Provides documentation of results and benefits achieved.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong hands-on experience with Solidworks 3D modeling, drafting and assembly
- Knowledge of component design and analysis techniques and utilization of best Engineering practices. Must understand the principal of cost and process effective design.
- Understanding of Requirements Management, including change configuration management, traceability, validation, and verification, etc…
- Positive attitude towards issues, problems and challenges
- Application of GD&T (ANSI Y14.5) in the manufacturing drawings
- Linear and radial stack up analysis
- Fluid Mechanics – Flow & pressure drop calculations.
- Analytical calculations for pressure regulators, valves, Skids etc.
- Understanding and identifying the boundary conditions for stress analysis
- Technical Writing – Assembly and Test Procedures Reports, Field Failure Analysis
- Industry standard Def Stan, ASME, ASTM, MIL Std, BS, NASM, EN, PED Directive etc.
- MS Office applications and any ERP Software
- Ability to prioritize, balance and manage multiple efforts with strong results/goal orientation
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities with a high sense of urgency in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse global teams
- The ability to demonstrate CIRCOR’s Values & Absolutes, which are Customer Intimacy, Team Before Self, Commitment & Accountability, Speed, Excellence & Innovation, Safety, Ethics & Controls
- The ability to demonstrate CIRCOR’s Core Competencies, which are Adaptability, Analytical Thinking, Communication, Customer Focus, Drive for Results & Accountability, Innovation, Leadership, Talent Development, Teamwork & Inclusion, Technical/Functional Skills
Education & Experience
- B.E., / B.Tech., Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a reputed college or university.
- Experience of 2-7 years in the development, design, and testing of complex mechanical, electro-mechanical, or hydro-mechanical or Pneumatic components and assemblies
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities