CIRCOR is Hiring | Design Engineer |
Position – Design Engineer
Company – CIRCOR
Location – Daman, Daman and Diu, IN
BUSINESS: Industrial Group
LOCATION: Daman, IND
DIRECT REPORTING: Lead Engineer-Design
FUNCTIONAL REPORTING: Lead Engineer-Design
Position Title – Design Engineer
Job Location- Daman, India
The candidate will be part of the India design engineering team and will be based in Daman, India. The candidate will work on the execution of positive displacement pump projects depending on business priorities and needs. In this position, the candidate will cooperate with local and overseas colleagues in Engineering, Project Management, Sales and Marketing, Operations and Applications Engineering to ensure an effective execution of the projects.
- Provide end to end engineering support in execution of positive displacement pump orders from order intake to shipment
- Review order related documents and specifications and thereby select the suitable pump design.
- Create Bill of Materials in SAP, execute CAD models & manufacturing drawings for the parts, assembly & general arrangement drawings of the pump.
- Document engineering package by strictly following the engineering execution process for all assigned projects.
- Work closely with local & global teams to communicate project requirements/updates through teams calls and mail.
- Support to drive new initiatives such as new implementations and standardization of engineering practices.
- Support Daman operations by timely disposition of non-conforming material and resolve operation related issues with internal and external manufacturing partners.
- Timely generate engineering change note to record any engineering revision or deviation.
- Active participation in continuous improvement activities.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Strong CAD (Part modelling, Drafting and Assembly) skills. Preferred Solid Edge.
- Working experience in ERP systems. Preferred SAP
- Exposure to SAP-PLM systems. Preferred ECTR.
- Knowledge of relevant pump design standards & codes such as API, ASTM, ASME, DIN.
- Familiar with drafting practices as ASME Y14.5
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good spoken and written English skills
- Experience in communication with Global (US or Europe) clients is added advantage.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines, quick to respond to manufacturing issues, be detail oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of employees, across all functions of the organization.
Education & Experience.
- BE degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 2 to 3 years experience as a Design Engineer preferably in rotating equipment, – centrifugal or positive displacement pump industry.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a Manufacturing environment is preferred.
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities