Position – Engineer – Design (Closure)
Company – Celeros Flow Technology
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Responsible for Order engineering/rationalization / BOM / Technical Documentation related to highly customized and high-quality Fabricated Closures (Pressure Vessels). Operates CAD systems to create 2D-3D machining and fabricated component drawings and assemblies. Work on new projects and redesign of existing projects, create customer specific designs from sketches, marked up prints, verbal or written instructions. Analyzes and interprets drawings & mark-ups and executes to meet design/manufacturing requirements. Provides support for sales orders, quotations, and ensures design accuracy.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work on Project engineering, design, and development activities related to Closures.
- Review customer specifications, analyze requirements and propose engineered solutions and assist senior engineers.
- Develop innovative and cost-effective mechanical designs by undertaking hand calculations using plant standard procedures, engineering knowledge, and experience.
- Perform related mechanical engineering calculations using pressure vessel codes like ASME VIII Div-1, PD5500, etc.
- Working with Design and Manufacturing Engineers, following the manufacturing and assembling process, employ problem-solving skills to resolve issues encountered.
- Creation of 3D models, assemblies, drawings, and BOM using Autodesk Inventor (Preferred) / Solidworks, and 2D drawings in AutoCAD, SAP, and Vault/ e-PDM.
- Creation of P&IDs, GA’s, fabrication drawings, and bill of material (BOM).
- Proper documentation of all works.
- Work independently or as a team member in the global engineering team.
- Interactions with global engineering teams.
- Liaise with the production plant during the build process.
- Engineering change management with internal departments.
- Design checks associated with PED and Machinery directives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A thorough working knowledge of Pressure Vessel design principles
- Working knowledge of associated codes for design of Pressure Vessels such as ASME (Sec VIII Div. 1 &/ 2), ASME 31.4, B31.8, B16.5, PD5500 etc.
- Thorough knowledge of machine design, vibration, strength of material, metallurgy and manufacturing processes.
- Working knowledge of CAD Software (AutoCAD/Inventor), ERP systems (SAP).
- Ability to break projects into tasks, set milestones and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills for communicating thoughts and ideas.
Education and Experience
- BE in Mechanical Engineering in regular full-time course from recognized institute and university in India.
- 3-6 years of working experience as a Mechanical Engineer in Closures design and manufacturing industries.