Position – Associate Application Engineer (API Pumps)
Company – Celeros Flow Technology
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Primarily the Associate Applications Engineer will assist global customers to identify/verify their requirements and specifications and will prepare competitive costings/quotations/tenders that are both technically and commercially accurate, in accordance with Company policies and procedures. The incumbent will interface with both Customers and internal stakeholders including Sales, Engineering and Design to provide support and solutions that meet the needs and expectations of Customers, strengthening relationships and positively impacting the opportunity to win orders globally for the Celeros ClydeUnion Pump product line. This position will be based in Bangalore and will support the global teams
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaises with Sales on the Customer’s requirements and specifications, including the scope, and timing.
- Reviews the RFP (Request for Proposal) / tender document to ensure the contractual requirements are adequately defined and determine the Company’s capability to meet the specified requirements.
- Prepares and submits the techno-commercial offer to Sales as per the offer submission schedule.
- Reviews and evaluates the detailed technical specifications for packaged equipment, extracts applicable Customer requirements, and translates/communicates the same to sub-contractors, sub-vendors, and internal stakeholders.
- Obtains quotations for relevant bought-in equipment in accordance with the applicable Supply Chain policies and procedures.
- Performs a technical and commercial evaluation of the sub-supplier’s quotations (for the major critical components/items) to ensure the quote/scope is in compliance with the Customers’ requirements/specifications.
- Develops and submits a detailed proposal to the Customer in accordance with the applicable Tendering Policies and Procedures (ITO – Inquiry to Order).
- Ensures the CPQ tender data and tendering front log are accurately completed and actively managed.
- Provides ongoing technical and commercial clarifications as requested by the Customer and internal stakeholders to support successful order placement.
- Provides tendering support to regional tendering and sales teams for win order strategies across the product lines to ensure all activities occur on time and with high quality from proposal receipt to handover.
- Supports Customer visits during bid clarification/negotiation stages.
- Works as a member of the Global Tendering Team to ensure KPIs and Metrics are achieved.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Expert technical knowledge of API Multistage Centrifugal Pumps and the systems they go in.
- A strong commercial focus and negotiation skills.
- Positively establishes relationships across multiple locations and copes well with working remotely from the team and other departments.
- Responds professionally to all inquiries and remains calm and composed when under pressure.
- Is well-organized, structured, and methodical.
- Displays exceptional attention to detail and accuracy, even when handling multiple demands.
- Has a proven track record of meeting deadlines while maintaining high-performance standards.
- Is a team player: committed, reliable, responsible, flexible, helpful, supportive, active listener/ communicator.
Education and Experience
- B.E in Mechanical Engineering in full-time/ regular course from a recognized Institute and university.
- 2-5 experience as an application engineer for API Pumps, preferably in multistage centrifugal pumps in Product or EPC MNCs
- Experience in reviewing highly detailed specifications and writing comprehensive and accurate bids
- Essential knowledge and experience in reviewing highly detailed specifications and writing comprehensive and accurate bids
- Experience in the oil & gas/power & energy / industrial market is mandatory
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint