Position – Quality Technician
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Maharashtra, IN
JOB PURPOSE: To perform a variety of duties related to the development and implementation of methods, procedures and equipment used in Quality. This role is fundamentally responsible for governance and compliance activities related to all Management systems [QMS, CQMS, EMS , OHSMS & EnMS] for Hex value stream
JOB DUTIES: The position performs analytical process steps described in the various Management System and provides feedback to ensure continuous process improvement. Typical steps include collecting/analyzing quality data and investigating nonconformance to determine permanent resolution.
- Coordinate and conduct internal quality audits for all Management systems.
- Administer Lean [BIQ & RPRT] metrics of Hex assembly and logistics sections.
- Draft and submit local training and documentation as necessary
- Support all certification activities related to Hex value stream
- Support during external QMS, CQMS, EMS , OHSMS & EnMS audits; working with External & Internal Auditor
- Support Audit for Customer Acceptance Validation (CAV), Vision Zero Drive [VZD] , CPS and Lean Assessment as required by Facility Governance team.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve non-conformance related to QMS, CQMS, EMS , OHSMS & EnMS audits.
- Support the corrective action of non-conformities at Hex Value stream, including the coordination and/or creation of controlled processes & procedures for functional departments within Hex Value stream Investigates, develops, and implements electronic clerical or data handling systems to increase the capability and efficiency of the division.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert for Management systems (QMS, CQMS, EMS , OHSMS & EnMS) , Safety assessment (VZD) , Lean , CPS , Legal and Statutory requirements related to Hex value stream.
- The incumbent resolves issues by selecting the best solution from a few choices. Impacts key quality goals including Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement, Timeliness, Accuracy, Process Quality, Internal Quality Certification, all Management systems Certification .The position monitors adherence to quality standards and develops action plans for addressing below standard performance.
The position requires knowledge of various engineering, manufacturing and/or maintenance standards and practices. Strong analytical skills are necessary. Personal computer skills and familiarity with various software packages is required. Sound knowledge in Management systems QMS, CQMS, EMS , OHSMS & EnMS. Good human relations skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department.
Full Time Bachelors / Diploma degree in Mechanical engineering with 3 to 5 years of experience in similar industries.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .