Position – Manufacturing Engineer
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Career Area: Manufacturing & Supply Chain
To provide expertise in below specific areas of the manufacturing process to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective manufacture of product.
- Create routings for NPI Models (CAPP+ / MBOM as input) & ECM Activities Collaborate with Tool planning for fixture and tool design.
- Creation of Build Books (Visual Aids) for machines.
- Creation of a SWS/SWES creation, Torque analysis, Time study, Operator balancing with hands on experience with products and facility standards.
- Create MBOM for new products in utilizing the component assembly sequence from the MBOM of similar existing product and suggest process changes based on product configuration.
- Understand the Plant Layout & Assembly Process Sequence.
- Conduct torque audits using 1E specs & drawings in HVC
- Contribute in process improvements
- Adhere to Quality system.
- Assembly Shop Floor Experience Knowledge on cutting tools selection
- Assembly Process Planning Best Practices -Hands on Knowledge
- Expert knowledge in CAPP+ routings creation & MBOM
- Knowledge on Team Center Engineering, Vis Mock-up, HVC, CAT engineering data systems & Material control system (MCS)
- Awareness of NPI processes
- Product Knowledge – OHT / MG / MWL / WTS
- Dip.Eng : 10-12
- BE: 6-8
- ME: 2-4
- Must have a good mechanical aptitude with ability to develop product concepts.
- Requires strong leadership ability and good communications skills.
Relocation is available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.