Caterpillar is hiring | Manufacturing Engineer |
Position – Manufacturing Engineer – Paint process
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Hosur, Tamil Nadu, IN
Caterpillar’s Manufacturing Engineer position works both independently and as part of a team to maintain and improve processes and systems used in manufacturing. In addition, Manufacturing Engineers function as a specialist and subject matter experts for technical planning throughout a manufacturing facility.
As Manufacturing Engineer, you will have an opportunity to provide the technical expertise necessary to design, develop, and implement manufacturing systems, manufacturing operations, and state-of-the-art machines.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Establish and maintain the paint process with controls that are aligned with the CAV paint requirements.
- Added advantage if the incumbent has worked on scoping and establishing any new paint line with a continuous line paint process.
- Establish and maintain the Assembly process before and after the paint
- Engaging in creative problem-solving to address operational issues including ergonomic/ safety, efficiency improvements, process bottlenecks, and quality concerns.
- Manage projects to ensure efficient and cost-effective systems and processes to produce quality products.
- Providing manufacturing technical support in process control and internal certification.
- Develop new production methods using lean engineering fundamentals.
- Implementing standard APQP process, process flow, PFMEA, control plan, work instruction, and checklist.
- Evaluate projects and prepare feasibility studies to define desired results, assess value propositions, and determine project plans.
- Improve space utilization on the shop floor.
- Develop and implement assembly processes in line with Caterpillar standard processes.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical / Chemical Engineering)
- Minimum of 4 years experience in manufacturing engineering
- Experience in Continuous line paint process and assembly process.
- Working Knowledge of Team Center, Virtual Build, MES, and SAP.
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing concepts with emphasis on engine assembly, engine testing, and paint processes.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Working Knowledge of Paint line and controls setup.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.