Position – Hardware Design Engineer
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
ITDD Engineering (India) is involved in development of Electrical & Electronic components. As a Hardware Design Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work directly on control systems and contribute individually on the concept, development, and design of complex electronic components, subsystems, or processes while strengthening your analytical skills and mastery of engineering concepts. You will partner with right supplier/team and provide technical guidance to global teams. You will contribute to the planning and delivery of projects, continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology, mentor and coach team members, and broaden your professional network.
- Design & Develop HRS/PRS that meets customer application requirements
- Manage & Deliver agreed upon Legacy/Current Production for NPI/APQP Program Requirements
- Collaborate with Hardware team (ECM/Info/Display/Autonomy/Power Electronics/Longwall Electronics), working with Supplier, Purchasing, Core S/W System group, Technical Lead and Technicians
- Manage customer & supplier request for changes in Product Requirements
- Responsible for EDS drawing, Release Notice, Change Notice, Config Sheet and related documentation
- Ensure Proven Reliability before Production (Validation Plan and Reliability Demonstration)
- Component/system/machine development experience
- Knowledge of Electronic Components (Control Systems, Product links, Electronic Control Module….)
- Understanding of Caterpillar supplier development process
- Project lead, program management, and facilitation skills
- Support Caterpillar’s NPI and CPI process.
- Knowledge on RoHS, IEC, ISO, EMI/EMC.
- Knowledge of Regulations, Certifications (ISO, IEC, WPC, TEC, CE, Safety,.)
- Bachelor/Master’s degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering (Electrical / Mechanical / Electronics / Mechatronics)
- Strong Analytical & Project Management skills
- Emphasis on initiative and self-starting tasks
- Strong communication, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer focus and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Need to be self-motivated and team player.
- Must be willing to work with enough overlap with US-based process partners and product groups
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.
Since 1925, Caterpillar Inc. has been helping our customers build a better world – making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent.
With 2019 sales and revenues of $53.8 billion, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. Services offered throughout the product life cycle, cutting-edge technology and decades of product expertise set Caterpillar apart, providing exceptional value to help our customers succeed. The company principally operates through three primary segments – Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation – and provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
IT’S YOUR CAREER. MAKE IT MATTER
At Caterpillar, you build what matters—whether it’s the career you want, crucial work skills, strong relationships or new digital technologies. There are big jobs to be done worldwide—building critical infrastructure, bolstering local economies, meeting the demand for energy—and that work is powered by our people.
Every single Caterpillar employee moves our company forward. Piece by piece, part by part, person by person. Together we create sustainable, world-changing solutions that impact lives around the globe. Join our winning team and help build a better world.