Position – Engineer- Structural Design (Mining Trucks)
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
As an Engineer, incumbent will be working on large & light structures design for wheeled mining products (especially with large mining trucks, off highway trucks, hard rock vehicle). Incumbent will have the opportunity to direct and contribute to the concept, development, and design of complex components, subsystems, or processes while strengthening your analytical skills and mastery of engineering concepts. Incumbent will partner with and provide technical guidance to global teams. Incumbent will contribute to the planning and delivery of projects, continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology, mentor and coach team members, and broaden your professional network. You will lead NPI projects, responsible to deliver PQVC targets (People, Quality, Velocity & Cost), Maintain the Product Health through resolving 12MIS/2MIS – CPI issues, will be involved in regional supplier development, build support and support aftermarket/mine site services. Incumbent will get an opportunity to work in international facilities after demonstrating the skills in the projects.
Skills/Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform structure design, design verification (capable to do complex design in Creo).
- Perform component placement & weld analysis
- Strong knowledge in structural material and techno commercial knowledge for various material and process
- Strong ability to understand end to end material process for structural components.
- Actively support a prototype, pilot, or production build and perform audit.
- Perform bolted joint analysis & Creo simulate or equivalent FEA analysis.
- Effectively apply design related Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) steps & DFMEA process.
- Good understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, engineering drawings, manufacturing processes and Machine Bill of Material (BOM).
- Performs design calculations and accountable for design decisions.
- Research and develop new technology
- Casting & Forging Design experience
- Sound knowledge in drawing reading, GD&T, CMM audit and UT weld inspection.
- Perform needs analysis and initiate ideas. Evaluate new products, processes, or systems.
- Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Relevant work experience required: 6-10 years with Bachelor Degree or 3-6 years with Master Degree or 3+ years with Doctorate Degree
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Emphasis on initiative and self-starting tasks
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Strong project management and communication skills – Developing, maintaining and executing to a project management plan. Ability to develop & leverage a global network of engineering resources.
- Active participation in a Technical Society (SAE, IEEE etc.) and
- Exceptional ability to perform complex design and analysis tasks using mathematical/theoretical model & FEA (preferred with Creo simulate)
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply. Relocation is available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.