Position – Engineer – Structural Simulation
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
The successful candidate for this Engineer position must have a Post Graduate degree plus 6+ years of simulation experience or a Graduate degree plus 8+ years of simulation experience from a reputed institution, in an accredited Engineering curriculum (Mechanical/Design/Automobile/Aerospace) related to product development/validation. This role is required to interact with cross-functional teams to solve complex technical problems and develop analytical processes and tools that assess structural durability. This role will also be required me to provide technical expertise and perspective to projects as an individual contributor to simulation and research projects. The incumbent is responsible for competency and team development in the structural simulation domain. This position closely works with the team manager to identify structural analysis competency gaps within the team and support competency development with internal and external partnerships. He/she will be part of the Manufacturing Technology & Solutions team and performs virtual validation related to Jigs / Fixtures and weld distortion assessment of Caterpillar Machine structures.
Incumbents must have demonstrated technical/analysis competency related to
- Structural durability of Mechanical Systems/Sub-Systems/Jigs & fixtures (Weld Fatigue, Residual Stress)
- Expertise in using FEA tools like Creo Simulate/Abaqus etc for solving complex non-linear FEA, Multiphysics simulations related to structural durability
- Sound understanding of principles of structural welds & its classifications
- Expert in Weld Distortion assessment techniques for complex structures
- Experience as an individual contributor in performing complex validation projects/programs, technical coaching/mentoring other team members
- Identify, champion & coach tool design team members to perform structural analysis on the designs using Creo simulation.
Preferred Non-Technical Skills:
- Requires a self-starter with strong technical skills
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to perform complex tasks
- Must have the ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in the workgroup
- Demonstrated excellent judgment and decision-making ability
- Demonstrated ability to independently solve problems
- Excellent Teamwork and collaboration skills
Top Candidates will also have
- Experience in more than one engineering competency is desirable.
- Experience with fracture mechanics, optimization, and reliability analysis tools is desired.
- Thorough understanding of fatigue analysis methods, structures, and weld fatigue.
- The location for this position is in Chennai (Brigade WTC or CIPL, Thiruvallur), Tamil Nādu.
- This position will require less than 25% travel.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .