Position – Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
As an Electro-mechanical Design Engineer, you will have the opportunity to direct and contribute to the concept, development, and design of Cabinets, enclosure, and light structure parts which are part of electrical systems, within the Electrical Center of Excellence team. You will partner with and provide technical guidance to local/global teams. You will contribute to the planning and delivery of projects, continually learn, and stay abreast of innovative technology, mentor and coach team members, and broaden your professional network. This position is as a technical / Project lead of electrical cabinets, enclosure, panels required for Caterpillar machines. It involves the design of bus bars, light structure enclosures, panels, brackets required in electrical integration.
Although this position may be the transition from individual contributor to team leadership, the major focus of the job is on technical delivery and Project planning.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Design and Develop complex panels, cabinets, and enclosures required in Caterpillar machines.
- Space claim and packaging Electrical/electronic components inside cabinets.
- Perform preliminary thermal analysis while packaging the electrical components
- Consider low/high voltage components interference and anticipate EMI/EMC issue.
- Promote communication and standardization
- Perform Design Validation thru FEA analysis
- Extensive project planning and adhere to QVC targets
- Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
- Perform product maintenance /Resolve mechanical design related issues
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering with 4-6 years of experience in panel cabinet design and mechanical packaging.
- Knowledge of electrical components like circuit breakers, capacitors, IGBT’s , inverters will be added advantage.
- Incumbents must have demonstrated excellent analytical skills and the ability to perform complex Assignments. Must have a good mechanical aptitude with the ability to develop product concepts. Requires strong leadership ability and good communications skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well as product groups, customers, and suppliers.
- Caterpillar Sheet metal design/drafting standards
- Creo Solid / Sheet Metal Experience & Pro-Mechanica experience
- Relocation is available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.
Since 1925, Caterpillar Inc. has been helping our customers build a better world – making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent.
With 2019 sales and revenues of $53.8 billion, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. Services offered throughout the product life cycle, cutting-edge technology and decades of product expertise set Caterpillar apart, providing exceptional value to help our customers succeed. The company principally operates through three primary segments – Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation – and provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
IT’S YOUR CAREER. MAKE IT MATTER
At Caterpillar, you build what matters—whether it’s the career you want, crucial work skills, strong relationships or new digital technologies. There are big jobs to be done worldwide—building critical infrastructure, bolstering local economies, meeting the demand for energy—and that work is powered by our people.
Every single Caterpillar employee moves our company forward. Piece by piece, part by part, person by person. Together we create sustainable, world-changing solutions that impact lives around the globe. Join our winning team and help build a better world.