Caterpillar is Hiring | Associate Engineer |
Position – Associate Engineer
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
The successful candidate for this Associate Engineer/ Sr. Associate Engineer position must have a Doctorate/Post Graduate degree from a reputed institution, in an accredited Engineering curriculum (Mechanical/Design/Automobile/Aerospace) plus 2+ years of simulation experience related to product development/validation. He/she will be part of the Machine Structural Simulation team which performs virtual validation related to structural durability of Caterpillar machine structures.
Incumbents must have demonstrated technical/analysis competency related to
- Structural durability of Mechanical Systems/Components (Vibration, Fatigue, Stress)
- Expert in Fatigue assessment techniques
- Expertise in using FEA tools like (Siemens) NX/Nastran/Abaqus/FE-Safe etc for solving complex non-linear FEA, Multiphysics simulations related to structural durability
- Sound understanding of principles of linkages, structural systems
- Experience as an individual contributor in performing complex validation projects/programs, technical coaching/mentoring other team members
Preferred Non-Technical Skills:
- Requires a self-starter with strong technical skills
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to perform complex tasks
- Must have ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in the work group
- Demonstrated excellent judgement and decision-making ability
- Demonstrated ability to independently solve problems
- Excellent Team work and collaboration skills
Relocation is available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.
Since 1925, Caterpillar Inc. has been helping our customers build a better world – making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent.
With 2019 sales and revenues of $53.8 billion, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. Services offered throughout the product life cycle, cutting-edge technology and decades of product expertise set Caterpillar apart, providing exceptional value to help our customers succeed. The company principally operates through three primary segments – Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation – and provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
IT’S YOUR CAREER. MAKE IT MATTER
At Caterpillar, you build what matters—whether it’s the career you want, crucial work skills, strong relationships or new digital technologies. There are big jobs to be done worldwide—building critical infrastructure, bolstering local economies, meeting the demand for energy—and that work is powered by our people.
Every single Caterpillar employee moves our company forward. Piece by piece, part by part, person by person. Together we create sustainable, world-changing solutions that impact lives around the globe. Join our winning team and help build a better world.