Position – Associate Engineer
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Review design layouts/3D models that graphically show how the product is to function
- Check assembly drawings and piece part drawings that further break down the consist of the product definition
- Collaborate with the design engineering team
- Ensure Engineering notices and filled out properly and that they convey all necessary information
- Confer with design personnel to answer the questions pertaining to engineering practices and standards
- Provide counsel and advice to design control personnel on potential problems during the design review phase
- Check redesigns cause by field problems
- Keep abreast of changes that are made to Corporate Product and Process Standards.
Some of the other responsibility that includes collaboration with Global Engineers, and coaching and mentoring of other checking engineers on engineering practices and standards. Developing standard work instructions and deploying and updating the best practice process documents & templates for complex drawings. Also, this position requires counsel and advice to design control engineers on potential problems due to the form, fit and functional errors during the Product design phase.
- Bachelor degree in an accredited Mechanical Engineering curriculum
- 3 to 5 years Engineering experience
- Familiarity with Creo 4.0 detailing/modeling practices
- Working Knowledge on Teamcenter and related processes.
- Background in drafting and technology
- Good knowledge of manufacturing and assembly operations
- Good Problem Solving Skills, Technical Know-how ability, Accountability
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Preferably ASME Y14.5-2009 Certified GD&T Professional
- Through knowledge of Corporate Product and Process Standards/Specifications
- Strong competency in Sheet metal design / Casting Design and manufacturing processes.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.
Since 1925, Caterpillar Inc. has been helping our customers build a better world – making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent.
With 2019 sales and revenues of $53.8 billion, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. Services offered throughout the product life cycle, cutting-edge technology and decades of product expertise set Caterpillar apart, providing exceptional value to help our customers succeed. The company principally operates through three primary segments – Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation – and provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
IT’S YOUR CAREER. MAKE IT MATTER
At Caterpillar, you build what matters—whether it’s the career you want, crucial work skills, strong relationships or new digital technologies. There are big jobs to be done worldwide—building critical infrastructure, bolstering local economies, meeting the demand for energy—and that work is powered by our people.
Every single Caterpillar employee moves our company forward. Piece by piece, part by part, person by person. Together we create sustainable, world-changing solutions that impact lives around the globe. Join our winning team and help build a better world.