Position – R&D Engineer
Company – ABB
Location – Nelamangala, Karnataka, IN
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity, and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Smart Power is a global technology leader, with solutions that make power supplies smart, connected, and protected. Its intelligent solutions make power more competitive by improving the energy efficiency, productivity, and reliability of almost any operation.
This is an R&D Engineer role, reporting to the R&D Manager in Business Area Electrification (EL) located in Bangalore and will be responsible for contributing with own ideas for identifying, proposing, and implementing innovative technology development and solving industrial problems independently.
- Achieving product target cost & creating awareness of better material utilization.
- Responsible for stage-wise target cost validation along with engineering and process team.
- Responsible for using design analysis techniques like Ansys/Creo and using basic analysis techniques like Tolerance stack UP.
- Analyzing test results and interpreting to take corrective actions.
- Maintaining all test results relating to relevant projects.
- Preparing design BOM & update regularly.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B.E/ B.Tech in mechanical or electromechanical engineering.
- Minimum 4 – 6 years of experience in designing of MCBs, RCCBs, RCBOs, and similar Low Voltage Products.
- Well conversant with 3D modeling and drafting in CREO.
- Basic knowledge of switchgear product principle of operation, application & testing.
- Complete awareness of IS/IEC standard and its interpretation/ / test significance.
- Hands-on experience for use of DFMA technique.
- Experience in the design of low voltage switchgear.
- Hands-on experience of working with CAD packages.
- Know-how of GD&T principles and knowledge of material properties.
- Knowledge and experience of lean manufacturing.
- Experience of spot (Resistance) welding process.
- Good understanding of safety standards and the environmental impact of a design.
- Understanding of switchgear protection and automation systems.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply.
ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for the recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals/entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions.
For current open positions, you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to the detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning