Position – Associate Engineer- Engine Controls & HIL
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
As an associate engineer in the Engine System & Controls Development team, you will have opportunities to contribute to complex projects on end-to-end engine performance and controls the development of large diesel, dual-fuel, and gas engines. This will involve utilizing world-class thermodynamic, combustion simulation, engine test cell data analysis, and other internal and external engineering analysis tools. This role directly impacts Caterpillar’s current and future engine products being developed in an R&D environment.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform Black box testing using engine simulators like dSPACE
- Executing engine controls development and simulation work using 1D combustion and thermodynamic tools
- Modeling of dynamic systems using both physics-based white-box modeling and black-box modeling with system identification techniques in time and frequency domain
- Create test plans and develop automation scripts using Python and other tools
- Perform complex analysis, identify and solve challenging engine problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Automobile/Aerospace/Electrical/Electronics Engineering,
- 0-3 years experience with engine testing, Controls development, or simulation
- Experience and knowledge with engine system level validation using Control Desk and Automation Desk
- Experience in Engine plant model integration using tools like GT-Power, Dynasty, Matlab/Simulink, Vector Canape, and their applications in gas/diesel/dual-fuel engine controls development
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Masters degree in an accredited Indian or Global Engineering schools
- Proficiency with engine performance development and thermodynamics
- Good knowledge of Software testing tools like Catalyzer.
- Basic proficiency in the German language
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Self-starter with strong technical leadership skills
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, technically challenging environment
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.