Position – Senior Associate Engineer – Engine Performance and Simulation
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Sr. Associate Engineer – Engine Performance & Simulation
As a senior associate engineer in the Power System & Controls Development team within LPSD, you will serve as
- An individual contributor on complex projects and assignments for the end-to-end design and development of large diesel, dual-fuel and gas engines focussed on alternate fuels including Methanol, Hydrogen and others. This will involve utilizing thermodynamic cycle simulation and other engineering analysis tools to efficiently communicate results to team members and make program decisions.
- You will also perform engine test data analysis, results review and documentation, project management planning and updates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Automobile/Aerospace Engineering from accredited Indian or Global Engineering schools
- The overall experience of 3 to 7 years in Engine performance, simulation, and controls development
- 3+ years of experience developing engine systems for diesel, gas, and dual fuel engines with specialization in alternate fuels including Methanol, Hydrogen, and others.
- Executing engine performance and simulation work using 1D combustion/thermodynamic tools
- Extensive experience in GT-Power/Dynasty, Matlab/Simulink, Vector CANape, and their application in gas/diesel/dual fuel engine development.
- Requires strong technical leadership skills and has the ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in the workgroup, as well as employees in other units, customers, and suppliers
- Must have demonstrated excellent analytical skills and have an extensive understanding of complex engineering concepts and applications
- Perform needs analysis and initiate ideas, create/evaluate new processes and perform complex analysis work, identify and solve challenging problems
- Create and deliver technical reports.
- Flexible to travel globally which is 10% of the work
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Ph.D./Master’s degree in an accredited Indian or Global Engineering school
- Proficiency with engine controls development
- Basic proficiency in the German language
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to perform complex assignments
- Self-starter with strong technical leadership skills
- Working knowledge of Python/VBA to automate tasks
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, technically challenging environment
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.