Position – Senior Associate Engineer
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Skills/Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform structure design, design verification (capable to do complex design in Creo).
- Perform component placement, bolted joint & weld analysis
- Strong knowledge in structural material and techno commercial knowledge for various material and process
- Strong ability to understand end to end material process for structural components.
- Actively support a prototype, pilot, or production build and perform audit.
- Perform bolted joint analysis & Creo simulate or equivalent FEA analysis.
- Effectively apply design related Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) steps
- Good understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, engineering drawings, manufacturing processes and Machine Bill of Material (BOM).
- Performs design calculations and accountable for design decisions.
- Research and develop new technology
- Perform needs analysis and initiate ideas. Evaluate new products, processes, or systems.
- Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Relevant work experience required: 6 – 8 years with Bachelor Degree or 3 – 6 years with Master Degree or 3+ years with Doctorate Degree
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Emphasis on initiative and self-starting tasks
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Experience in completion of full NPI program or CPI project start to finish with focused responsibility on Light/Large Structure design and participated in iron validation at the mine site or proving ground.
- Active participation in a Technical Society (SAE, IEEE etc.) & Technical paper presentation.
- Casting design experience
Relocation is available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .