Position – Entry Level Technical Illustrator
Company – BOEING
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination requirement at this time.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Technical Publication team is currently looking for Technical Illustrators to join their team in Chennai, India. These positions will focus on supporting the Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) business organization.
A successful candidate will understand the importance of collaboration as these positions will focus on
prepare and draw illustrations for reproduction from complicated source data. Work with the project team, subject matter experts, and use existing documentation to understand content and Work independently to analyze and interpret source data.
- Create diagrams and illustrations to explain the difficult concepts.
- Skills on Isometric and orthographic drawings.
- Work with the project team, subject matter experts, and use existing documentation to understand content need.
- Review content for technical, grammatical and style guide compliance.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Should be a team player.
- Perform detailed analysis and interpretation of source data to understand the impact it should have on the product.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- BE Aeronautical/Mechanical, Aeronautical is preferred
- Knowledge on MS Office will be preferred.
- Knowledge on 3D software such as AutoCAD, CATIA, Solid Works, Pro-E, etc… Will be added advantage.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor)
This position is looking to work in Chennai Location