Position – Associate Engineer – Design – APP-India
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
As an Associate Engineer for Advanced Power Products, LPSD India team, you will be working with a team who are creating new product designs on alternative power sources working with internal cross functional teams across the globe. You will be responsible for the design and development of energy storage devices like fuel cell sources, energy storage containers, battery devices and other alternative power sources for energy storage and mobile drivetrains. Interact with a global team of industry experts and contribute to the delivery of design projects. This role directly impacts Caterpillar current and future powertrain products developed for the market.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Design and development of Advanced Power Products System and Components to meet functional, reliability and durability goals
- Perform design calculations, initiate ideas, support design failure model and effect analysis (DFMEA) and support validation plan for New Product Introduction (NPI) programs
- Participate in design reviews with the stakeholders
- Understand the technical requirements and communicate with the supplier for the development of components
- Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members and other cross functional teams in a concise and accurate manner
- Work with a manufacturing plant to ensure design for manufacturability
- Provide technical support for quality, purchasing during part development
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Process partners to understand and document the requirements
- Need to manage supplier, manufacturing & Product groups
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Relevant work experience required:0 to 3 years’ experience in Design and Development of Product. Design and development of advanced power systems technology like fuel cell power sources, energy storage systems, hydrogen fuel cells, hybrids, electric vehicles (EV), etc and functional validation testing will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Emphasis on initiative and self-starting tasks
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Strong project management skills – Developing, maintaining, and executing a project management plan. Ability to develop & leverage a global network of engineering resources.
- Exceptional ability to perform complex analysis tasks using FEA (preferred with Creo simulate)
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Self-starter with strong project management skills
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, technically challenging environment
- Willingness to travel domestic/international up to 10% when job role requires
- 6 Sigma yellow Belt certification
Relocation is available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .
There’s more to work at Caterpillar than just the work itself. We hire smart, friendly people and it shows in our culture. We hold ourselves to high standards and make sure our values of integrity, excellence, teamwork, commitment and sustainability come to life in the way we work. We make sure our employees feel continuously challenged while also supported. We provide professional growth opportunities, including leadership programs. We celebrate the diversity of our team, while also working together as one Caterpillar.
Our culture, like everything at our company, is made possible by each employee’s contribution. Person by person, we create the environment we work in, and we are proud of the Caterpillar we’ve built.