Position – Associate Engineer
Company – Carrier
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Build a career with confidence
Carrier Global Corporation, global leader in intelligent climate and energy solutions is committed to creating solutions that matter for people and our planet for generations to come. From the beginning, we’ve led in inventing new technologies and entirely new industries. Today, we continue to lead because we have a world-class, diverse workforce that puts the customer at the center of everything we do.
About the role
Execute, support, and lead delivery of Energy Management Solutions to customers. Working independently under the direction of the BAS Specialist Supervisor in performing any other designated work. Interact with customers, clients, contractors, and vendors to provide proper workflow and completion schedules.
- Provide startup, commission, and re-commission of customer HVAC, lighting, and refrigeration systems.
- Complete paperwork on time, including posting of work orders, logging of incoming calls, commissioning documentation, and other required updates.
- Understanding and reviewing, technical documents such as wiring diagrams, as-builts, exc.
- Support and provide superior service via calls, e-mails, tickets, and special projects
- Analyze different systems and energy data to find potential for energy optimization
- Understanding the operation of field level equipment’s and Coordination with Field operations team
- Support multiple customers following customized procedures and protocols for each.
- Use questioning and listening skills that support effective telephone communication.
- Resolves problems by clarifying issues; researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions; implementing solutions; escalating unresolved problems
- Understand the impact of attitude in handling calls professionally
- Effectively deal with job stress, angry callers, and upset customers
- Apply the elements of building positive rapport with different types of customers over the phone.
- Display Time flexibility towards shifts as per work floor requirements
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Highly organized individual with above average time management skills
- Ability to resolve customer conflict quickly and effectively
- Able to provide direction and guidance to other team members
- Significant contribution to department or unit by applying advanced knowledge of one or more functional areas
- Excellent communication skills as well as the ability to work well in a team environment and manage the team effectively.
- Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to organize and plan your work schedule
- Must possess the ability to work without close supervision
- Always maintain a professional presentation in appearance
- Must be able to multitask-be able to work on multiple tasks/projects at one time
Education / Certifications:
- B.Tech Mechanical/Electrical with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in installation and commissioning of chiller based HVAC system with BMS.
- Solid understanding of IP networking and computer fundamentals
- Third-party integration experience (BACnet IP, BACnet MS/TP, Modbus)
- Solid communication skills (ability to follow/direct written and verbal instruction)
- Proficient in the use of E-Mail, Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, Power-Point, and other directly related software
- Must be able to participate in an “On Call” rotation. (after onboarding process has been completed)
- Knowledge in controls applications pertaining to HVAC, lighting, and refrigeration.
- Prior experience in HVAC and/or Building Automation
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning) / Electrician and/or controls service coordinator, service technician, service dispatcher or equivalent experience
- Requires passion and dedication to providing the customer with innovative and superior building automation systems and outstanding customer service
- Must be able to work in a team environment
We are committed to offering competitive benefits programs for all of our employees, and enhancing our programs when necessary.
- Make yourself a priority with flexible schedules, parental leave
- Drive forward your career through professional development opportunities
- Achieve your personal goals with our Employee Assistance Programme
Our commitment to you
Our greatest assets are the expertise, creativity and passion of our employees. We strive to provide a great place to work that attracts, develops and retains the best talent, promotes employee engagement, fosters teamwork and ultimately drives innovation for the benefit of our customers. We strive to create an environment where you feel that you belong, with diversity and inclusion as the engine to growth and innovation. We develop and deploy best-in-class programs and practices, providing enriching career opportunities, listening to employee feedback and always challenging ourselves to do better. This is The Carrier Way.
Join us and make a difference.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.