Position – Mechanical Engineer
Company – BuroHappold Engineering
Location – India
We are currently searching for a KSA National, Mechanical Engineer to join our MEP team in our Dubai, UAE.
This role is suited to a candidate from a Buildings background looking for an opportunity to pursue industry leading designs within a vibrant multi-disciplinary practice.
Type of contract – Permanent
Grade – Engineer
Area of Expertise – Building Environment
Region – Middle East, India and Asia
Office / Project Location – Dubai
Ref No – 7144
With us, your preconceptions will be tested, your resilience built, and your career enriched.
The role of a Mechanical Engineer can be very varied, duties will include but are not limited to:
- Undertake detailed mechanical engineering building services design and calculations, using Revit and IES software
- Embrace technologies to improve performance and sustainability
- Ensure project are carried out to an excellent standard, within agreed deadlines and budget.
- Represent Buro Happold at meetings with clients, other professionals, and suppliers.
- Produce and review reports, presentations, models, and drawings to an excellent standard, high level of accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Prepare technical specifications and schedules, design development reports and innovative design solutions.
- Plan and manage input to Revit for production of design work.
- Actively engage with colleagues across disciplines, in group discussions and at events and seminars.
We’ll help you meet your goals, respecting your ideas and fostering your creativity, collaboration and innovation.
As an experienced Mechanical Engineer, we would expect that you will be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant building services experience or credentials that will help us meet our goals for delivering highly sustainable buildings.
- Broad design knowledge, from working on a wide range of projects and using Middle East Standards.
- Experience using common analysis software including Revit and IES and willing to quickly learn to use new analysis packages as required.
- Digital engineering skills (e.g. coding) would be advantageous.
- Working towards, or Chartered Member of CIBSE or equivalent body.
- A Bachelor’s degree BEng/BSc or Master’s degree MEng/MSc in a relevant discipline.
Why Buro Happold?
From helping shape entire cities to adapting infrastructure to deal with the climate emergency, a career at Buro Happold presents the chance to make a difference. With a world class reputation, our creativity and our people have delivered positive change to clients, the environment, and communities. If you want to be part of something bigger, this is your chance.
Join us to find out what you’re really capable of.
Described by our clients as ‘passionate’, ‘innovative’, ‘collaborative’: Buro Happold is an independent, international engineering practice that for over 40 years has become synonymous with the delivery of creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world. Having worked on every continent, our clients include more than 90% of the world’s leading architectural practices and we have collaborated with global organisations such as the United Nations, The World Bank and UNESCO. Through our global community of driven, world leading engineering and consulting professionals we deliver elegant solutions for buildings and cities that seek to address the major problems facing societies today. Follow us @burohappold and find out more at www.burohappold.com.
Buro Happold value flexible working as an important part of the way we work. We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexibility in their careers.#LI-JA1 #Hybrid
Be you at Buro Happold
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.