Position – Project Engineer
Company – Burckhardt Compression
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Career opportunity with Burckhardt Compression
We are looking for Project Engineer at GSC to strengthen our team in Pune
You will be responsible for
- Scrutiny of technical order pages and specifications attached with purchase order.
- To follow the basic cycle of engineering – To plan, design, review and validate from time to time and project to project as per project schedule
- Refer and Respond timely to the respective assignment details filled by any task creator in the GSC Task List.
- Execution of engineering design activities for accessories and packaging items like pressure vessels, heat exchangers, water & Oil pumps, piping & piping accessories, control & safety valves, base frames, skids, structures and supports, Lube oil & cooling water systems, heaters, filters, separators etc., based on good engineering practice, applicable international standard and company standards as applicable
- Engineering and preparation of project engineering documents like General Arrangement drawing, Piping and instrumentation diagram, Equipment datasheets etc. as per project requirement
- Issue bill of material, specifications, manufacturing drawings, testing procedures, special instructions, manuals etc. to internal & external customer.
- Maintain timely documentation of all activities related to the specific projects
- Maintain procedures for document/drawing changes
- Implement and maintain the defined quality system
- Help in development of new products and assemblies
- Liaison with client, suppliers and cross functional team within organization for technical matters
- Plan, coordinate and manage team members and activities with other sections (CAD, I&C, CEM, PM, Packaging, Dispatch)
- To attend technical meetings like Kick-off, Hazop, project review etc.
Education / Experience / Knowledge:
- BE / B Tech (Mechanical) with minimum 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Sound knowledge of rotating / static equipment engineering
- Knowledge of international standards like API, ASME, ASTM, DIN, TEMA etc.
- Knowledge of CAD or plant design system, will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of ISO & EOHS
- Business fluency in English (oral and written)
- Language skill in German would be added advantage
- Timely completion of Engineering
- Internal / external Customer satisfaction
- SAP knowhow
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Improve existing product & processes
- Error free engineering
- Timely completion of engineering
Burckhardt Compression creates leading compression solutions for a sustainable energy future and the long-term success of its customers. The Group is the only global manufacturer that covers a full range of reciprocating compressor technologies and services. Since 1844, its passionate, customer-oriented and solution-driven workforce has set the benchmark in the gas compression industry.