Position – CAD Engineer
Company – Boston Scientific Corporation
Location – New Delhi, Delhi, IN
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
To bring design & drafting competencies into the product development cycle from the early concept stage all the way to product release. These competencies are focused on the Engineering Documentation of the designs. A large component focuses on robust design methodology very early in the concept stages of the development cycle. Direct supervision/guidance on print package content/deliverables, including PDM document management.
- Work with R&D Engineering and vendors to develop a robust product design.
- Assists in development & documentation of all design requirements of developed designs.
- Involved in all design (fit & tolerance analysis)/print reviews to lead changes to the drawings, processes and tolerances to maintain a robust product design.
- Assist in creation & specification of test methods to measure developing design requirements.
- Assist in selection of appropriate process technologies to allow components to be created as required.
- Assist in selection of ancillary resources to assist. EX: Industrial Engineering, Engineering Analysis, etc.
- Create CAD Solid Models of all design concepts.
- Management of Engineering print package, including adherence to drafting standards, engineering design standard (EDS) and other department procedures.
- Resource drafters to help create Solid Models and drawings.
- Manages the Print Package deliverables in PDM (creation of part numbers, primary content files, DCM’s, product structure linkages, creation of CR’s, etc.).
- Assists in prototype construction and procurement (quotes & services).
- Mechanical Engineering ( B.E./B.Tech) with 5+ years of Exp and good academic records
- 2+ years of Experience in the Medical Devices domain or relevant Industry (preferred)
- Good knowledge of GD& T & Tolerance stack-up
- Knowledge of DFM & DFA
- Proficient in Designing plastic molding components & mold flow analysis
- Good knowledge of the manufacturing process.
- Proficient in CAD tools (Solidworks preferred)
- Strong knowledge & understanding of Engineering fundamentals and Design calculations
- Knowledge of PLM & PDM software
- Good Communication and Documentation skills
- Proficient in MS Office Tools – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Requisition ID: 479230
Job Segment: Design Engineer, Medical, Manufacturing Engineer, Construction, Engineer, Engineering, Healthcare