Position – Calibration Engineer – Passenger cars Engine out emission
Company – Bosch Group
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Private Limited is a 100% owned subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH, one of the world’s leading global supplier of technology and services, offering end-to-end Engineering Service & Solutions. With over 18,000 associates, it is the largest software development center of Bosch, outside Germany, indicating that it is the
Technology Powerhouse of Bosch in India with a global footprint and presence in the US, Europe and the Asia Pacific region.
Engine out Emission Calibration on Engine and Vehicle to meet target emission & performance, for PC, LPV segment.
- Creating EMS software functions and label list related to Engine out emission calibration
- Pre-calibration of the function
- Full load and part load optimization on engine dyno.
- Engine hardware screening and selection to achieve the target emission
- Optimise the part load using DOE tools (ASCMO, Concerto) and prepare the calibration for vehicle optimization.
- Prepare the vehicle with necessary tools to optimise the tailpipe emissions on roller dyno.
- Responsible for vehicle emissions upstream EGT with respect to legal and internal regulations on dyno and real driving conditions.
- Preparing necessary test set up for calibration activities on the Engine/vehicle
- EO SW functionality test in the labcar, engine and on the vehicle
- Executing necessary measurements on the engine & Vehicles based on functional experts requirements
- Participation in customer discussion and updating the status on regularly
- Calibration review with calibration functional experts
- Field data analysis and report creation
- Frequent update to calibration activity status to internal team and customers
- Calibration data and status update in ICDM & VCDM
- calibration of EO during Expedition trials (cold/hot/altitude) at various parts of the country.
- frequent travel or depute to customer locations.
Engineering or Master Degree from reputed university. Preferably from Automotive or Mechanical or equivalent subject with 2 to 5 years of experience in Diesel Combustion calibration.
- Good understanding of Diesel Engines and Combustion optimization on both Engine and vehicle.
- Basic understanding of After Treatment & OBD
- Basics understanding of Engine and Vehicle SW functionalities of DS
- Usage of tools like INCA, MDA, Uniplot, DOE tools, etc.
- Good communication skills, Self-motivated and Initiative to work in time constrained environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Willingness to relocate or extensive travel as part of calibration activities.
- Quick in understanding technical relations and consequences.
- Good team-working capabilities.
- Good driving skills for vehicle calibration activities.
- Willingness to relocate