Position – Design Manager – Mechanical
Company – Bombardier
Location – Mumbai, Maharashtra
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience, and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities, and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven, and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Design Manager – Mechanical.
Purpose of the job:
Design Manager leads the development of product concept for a particular project, design, and the validation of possible solutions. He/she oversees product delivery and support continue to ensure the fulfillment of technical standards and customer requirement. He will be the front face of the Engineering in front of the customer & General contractor appointed for the project.
- The front face of the Engineering in front of the Customer for providing the contractual Design deliverables. Manages the Technical Risk & create opportunities for risk mitigation. Ensure timely submission of the design deliverables & approval to fulfill the “Project Key Dates”.
- He shall interface with the customer, General Contractor, Independent statutory Authorities, Independent Safety Assessor for clarification, reviewing, liaising & negotiating of the Design Submission also during the product realization/homologation phase as per the contractual requirements. Timely feedback to Engineering & guiding the design team in explaining, solving design issues in-line with customer expectation & key dates.
- Prepare decision matrix on design solutions, Rolling stock interface & finalize the Product concept in agreement with the Project Chief Engineer. Manages the as-bid configuration and its interfaces and is responsible for the design integrity of the product concept. Must able to support during the Product Integrity & homologation in solving key design issues at the product level
- Must have clear Communications, arbitration & negotiation skills for stakeholder management to manage a large group of engineering to provide timely feedback & clarification of the requirements for design progress.
- Must have experience in the design Lifecycle, System Engineering, Architecture & Vehicle Performance area. Must have an overall understanding of the Rolling stock Design, validation, Procurement & Manufacturing life cycle
- Competitiveness assessment and improvement plan
- Cost improvement
- Innovation plan
- Product development plan
- Negotiation with customers
- Preparation of bids
- Education: Bachelor In Engineering – Mechanical, Master is preferred
- Experience: Min 10 years of relevant experience in Rolling Stock – Mandatory
- Should be able to interface with Customers
- Participate in Design Review