Position – Associate Mechanical Systems Design and Analysis Engineer
Company – BOEING
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity, and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful, and inclusive, with great opportunities for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world’s largest (Per Boeing’s LinkedIn page) aerospace company and a leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services. Building on a legacy of over a century of innovation and leadership, Boeing continues to lead the way in technology and innovation, customer delivery, and investment in its people and the future growth of aerospace.
In India, Boeing has been a strong partner to the Indian aerospace and defense sectors for more than 75 years. People at Boeing have been supporting mission readiness and modernization of India’s defense forces and enabling connected, safer, and smarter flying experiences, in the sky, in the seas, and in space.
Technology for today and tomorrow
The Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is a 3000+ diverse engineering workforce that contributes to global aerospace growth. Our engineers deliver cutting-edge R&D, innovation, and high-quality engineering work in global markets, and leverage new-age technologies such as AI/ML, IoT, Cloud, Model-Based Engineering, and Additive Manufacturing, shaping the future of aerospace.
At Boeing, we believe creativity and innovation thrive when every employee is trusted, empowered, and has the flexibility to choose, grow, learn, and explore. We offer variable arrangements depending upon business and customer needs, and professional pursuits that offer greater flexibility in the way our people work. We also believe that collaboration, frequent team engagements, and face-to-face meetings bring diverse perspectives and thoughts – enabling every voice to be heard and every perspective to be respected. No matter where or how our teammates work, we are committed to positively shaping people’s careers and being thoughtful about employee wellbeing.
At Boeing, we are inclusive, diverse, and transformative.
With us, you can create and contribute to what matters most in your career, community, country, and world. Join us in powering the progress of global aerospace.
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space, and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers, and for the world.
The Boeing Company is currently looking for an Associate Mechanical Systems Design and Analysis Engineer to join the Mechanical & Structures Engineering Team located in Bangalore, India. The specific job level is which includes candidates with 1-5 years of experience depending on their educational qualifications.
The successful candidate will perform the following duties:
- Responsible for performing structural analysis of aircraft components, assemblies, and systems while working as an integrated team
- The structural analysis includes the calculation of loads, Static analysis, Fatigue analysis, Damage-Tolerance analysis, and Vibration analysis
- Evaluate the structural integrity of aircraft components by way of classical hand calculations and, finite element method
- Generate documentation to report analysis and, test results to support certification/qualification
- Support Gated Reviews to validate the quality and completeness of work packages
- Familiar with regulatory framework (FAA and Mil-Spec), for warranting safety and regulatory compliance
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Bachelors or Masters’s degree in Mechanical/Aerospace/Applied Mechanics/Structural engineering and 1 -5 years of experience in stress analysis.
- Must have experience working with cross-functional teams spread across multiple products and locations within Boeing and external partners.
- Must be flexible, with a high tolerance for organizational complexity and ability to work with partners from within Boeing and outside, across different cultures and time zones.
- Communication strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to prepare comprehensive reports, and proposals. Candidate must be fluent in English, and familiar with MS Office tools.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with a positive attitude, high ethics, and a track record of working successfully under pressure in a time-constrained environment.
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to mentor and teach subordinates and partners to accomplish a project and departmental goals and objectives.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Experience in structural analysis of various airframe structures.
- Experience with structural analysis of metallic and composite structures.
- Experience with static and fatigue analysis
- Robust understanding of engineering fundamentals such as material properties, Free-body diagrams, structural loads, and, analysis methods
- Experience in utilizing FEM software (e.g., ABAQUS, PATRAN/NASTRAN, Hyperworks)
- Experience or training with computer programming languages (e.g., Matlab, Python, Visual Basic)
- Experience in utilizing industry CAD systems (e.g., NX/Teamcenter and CATIA/ENOVIA)
Typical Education & Experience:
Bachelors or Master’s degree in Mechanical/Aerospace/Applied Mechanics/Structural engineering and 1 – 5 years of experience in stress analysis.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility within India.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal-opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military, and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse, and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.